Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted

Derek Brockwayâ€@DerekTheWeather

Notice the bright blob over Somerset and Dorse on the radar. It's moving towards south Wales. More sleet and snow! http://www.weatherwe...ukradar.php …

Posted a couple of minutes ago

What time is this due to hit please?

Posted

We have a slow thaw here,currently 3degrees,hoping any precipitation will hold off till tonight. When are the temps supposed to start dropping?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

i see east wales is under amber again, think im going to arrange a convoy later to borrow some for us in the west lol rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

as soon as we were issued with an amber warning it stopped snowing lol.hopefully this is the calm b4 the storm!cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

This is my new favourite site to look at

http://www.meteorada...4&lat=55&lon=-4

Looks as if it's heading right for us in the SE of Wales. Bring it on - COME TO DADDY!!! help.gifcold.gifbomb.gifph34r.png

Posted

The main band should move into Cardiff between 2pm and 3pm where some persistant snow is then likely, dew points will drop with the precipitation.

The snow cams on my website allow viewing of the snow as it heads up from South West England, be aware its coming from Southeasterly direction for us with the bands circulation clipping South Wales and maybe pushing little further North than forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a few flaks now and then but not much here, not expecting anything out west either! Why does Bridgend get all the snow when im not there??

Posted

The main band should move into Cardiff between 2pm and 3pm where some persistant snow is then likely, dew points will drop with the precipitation.

The snow cams on my website allow viewing of the snow as it heads up from South West England, be aware its coming from Southeasterly direction for us with the bands circulation clipping South Wales and maybe pushing little further North than forecast

Do you reckon it will affect as far east as the eastern most tips of Carmarthenshire/Neath Port talbot and Swansea areas? I/e sporadic showers associated with the band?

Posted

Snow falling over east Pembrokeshire and west Carmarthenshire at the moment.

The stuff over Devon and Cornwall, is that headed north or north west?

Posted

i see east wales is under amber again, think im going to arrange a convoy later to borrow some for us in the west lol rofl.gif

you're very welcome to some of mine - I've got too much

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales : Vale of Glamorgan, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Newport, Monmouthshire, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Torfaen & Merthyr Tydfil valid from 1345 Tue 22 Jan to 0900 Wed 23 Jan

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Powys, Wrexham, Gwynedd, Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Isle of Anglesey & Pembrokeshire valid from 1600 Tue 22 Jan to 1100 Wed 23 Jan

<a href="http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTMwMTIyLjE0NjY2NjkxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEzMDEyMi4xNDY2NjY5MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MzYyMTUyJmVtYWlsaWQ9YW5keW11c2ljMDFAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWFuZHltdXNpYzAxQGhvdG1haWwuY29tJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&103&&&http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=wl&from=rss&sn=0A4FF48A-44C0-9196-06B0-5CF31101914B_5_WL" target="_blank">Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Neath Port Talbot valid from 0300 Tue 22 Jan to 1000 Wed 23 Jan

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Had a few flaks now and then but not much here, not expecting anything out west either! Why does Bridgend get all the snow when im not there??

I been down to Bridgend today and to be honest hardly any snow down there, a bit of slush is all I noticed. but the tops of the valleys have had a good amount of snow this morn but it is melting fast and coming off roofs and hitting people(my head ha ha) looks like some areas may have a bit of snow/rain later but not sure if it will deff even get to wales and how far north I don't think far, never mind we still got a good few more weeks before winter is over so could be good over the next few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Going to be an interesting evening and a very bad rush hour it seems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

there was just 3 gritters on the a468 ystrad to caerphilly in shape of an arrow ploughing and gritting

i bet it was 1 of the 1's who ploughed a load of snow over me and the dog at 10am this morning.how he laughed!

Posted

looking and feeling less like a snow flurry here in Machynlleth. Temp now steady at 2.3C, a light wind from the east.

Some facebook friends in Aberystwyth reporting the odd shower of fine fine sleet/rain.

However, we'll wait and see what the evening and early morning hours bring.

Posted

just been out in the car temp showing 2 deg but feels colder,thaw seems to be slowing now .