Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

You're probably right, but I'm not sure the professionals have entirely got a handle on this one...

Straight after my post, i saw the 12z NAE and a change again with snow for us this evening for a time. So many changes eh?!

Posted

Haha I used to live in Bontgoch would you believe!

I was born and bred in Trefeurig - parents still snowed in as the farm lane is about 4ft deep in snow! Road to Cwmsymlog passable with extreme care (in a tractor or on winter/all season tyres), rest of the roads ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Heavily snowing here. Settling well. Been snowing on and off all day, but now snowing and settling.

Posted
watched this ,this morning it didn't half put a smile on my face,nice to see someone having fun while working,reckon it will be number one on Sunday!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

What weather warnings. The met office is a disgrace. The forecast this morning was not for snow here in south Wales but ice. Even now with a great big lump moving out of France and now crossing Southern England, heading for us, there is no warning at all. If this is going to be all rain fine. But if it is very heavy snow. An utter disgrace..

Why not write and complain then. Thing is they forecast likelihoods but this is an inexact science. Easy to play the blame game though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Why not write and complain then. Thing is they forecast likelihoods but this is an inexact science. Easy to play the blame game though.

Also to add to that they have put a warning out, 2/3 hours before rush hour, which is more than enough time for motorists to decide to leave work etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Shouldn't be long before it reaches here now. My weather sensor has stopped working so can't tell you the temps. All I know is that a lot of snow has melted today.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Temperature dropped from 2.3°C to 1.3°C in the last 45 minutes.... been steady all day at the higher temperature but wind picked up and now falling.... and the pressure going down as well....

JK

Posted

Shouldn't be long before it reaches here now. My weather sensor has stopped working so can't tell you the temps. All I know is that a lot of snow has melted today.

It seems a lot slower than last night's PPN. Just hovering around the Bristol channel for the past 30+ minutes

Posted

Should be reaching the coast of SE Wales now i.e. Cardiff Bay.

Posted

That inexact that when snow is falling we are told it is dry and going to remain so. Even if the radar is showing precipitation. Also that inexact that even though most can see the developement in France and where it is going, and that heavy snow if probably going to be the result. The warning are left till the very last minute. Sorry but with millions of pounds worth of hardware this really should not happen;. I think too much reliance is given on computers nowadays. More should be given with the human touch. There are many on this site that are far more accurate than the met office machines. Inexact or not.

Posted

Falling as snow in Barry right now - not as heavy as this morning but definately snow! (Temp 1.2c DP -0.2)

Edited by SnowAngel12

Posted

Falling as snow in Barry right now - not as heavy as this morning but definately snow! (Temp 1.2c DP -0.2)

Very encouraging. Actually patches of blue sky here right now! Very dark cloud to the SE tho

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

Some councils have sent their staff home (Newport and RCT).

Looking at the cameras for the A470, the roads are very quiet.

Posted

temp in Machynlleth now 1.5C.

Light wind now from SSE.

Definatelly has the 'feel' of snow in the air, but I think we're in the clear of it as fairly bright skies, patchy cloud. Time to take the hat and scarf of the snowmen.

Posted

Got to argue with the amount of pp the met says ,mostly light pp looks at lot more active than that many pinks(heavy bursts) in the front ,This should be a RED warning!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Still nothing happening here...