Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, please carry on here

old thread here --------->

Posted

Just seen the BBC news forecast im gonna be off the nearest motorway bridge if that snow doesnt make it over them pennines

Edited by Munchermark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

well I've not looked at the radar in ages and can now see northern movement. Northampton has finally got what they want after numerous hours of being on the brink.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

the snow system is quite similar to this:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Officially looking good again now.

Eno Equator was in full ramping mode on NW Tonight talking disruptive snow closely followed by the national forecast including disruption on trans Pennine routes.

It's coming.

Posted

Eno Equator was in full ramping mode on NW Tonight talking disruptive snow closely followed by the national forecast including disruption on trans Pennine routes.

It's coming.

heard that on Friday ;) or was it Thursday Edited by swainclubber

Posted

the snow system is quite similar to this:

And not a lot fell from it here, infact we had a thaw that night.

It's coming.

She is hopeless. How can it get down to -7C in rural areas with all the cloud around, for example?

Posted

And not a lot fell from it here, infact we had a thaw that night.

She is hopeless. How can it get down to -7C in rural areas with all the cloud around, for example?

ha ha did she say that? good God.

Posted

or December?

Lol yeah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

heard that on Friday ;) or was it Thursday

Thought that myself but surely they can't get it so wrong again......or can they

And then we'll have Diane at lest it will be mild Oxberry telling us that we were lucky to have missed all of the snow which effected other parts of the country.

Posted

Thought that myself but surely they can't get it so wrong again......or can they

And then we'll have Diane at lest it will be mild Oxberry telling us that we were lucky to have missed all of the snow which effected other parts of the country.

ha yeah that's the one.

Posted

The area of ppn over the East is starting to progress Northwards. However the band of ppn stretching from the Birmingham area to North Wales is refusing to move, basically sat there all day. I'm thinking as the main band out East moves North it will drag the band over to the West up with it. It does seem to be thinning out however, so if this does happen it will probably be light and patchy in the West of the region.

I'm not hopeful for areas West of Manchester. If I get 1cm on the ground from this I'll be happy!

Posted

And a lot of other things. The forecast came across as though as the whole ruddy region was under a snow threat add in the rain and sleet, gale force winds, the -7Cs that were also mentioned.

ha fantastic. such a shame we're lumbered with them.

Posted

Eno is officially a nut job.

True but don't you just love when she talks snow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Tell you what guys. Having just been out and bout the area, If the heavy stuff hits here it could be bad. I miss-judged the depths. It's around 4inches or more quite widely with plenty of deeper areas. Despite only having dusting's overnight and today, the roads are terrible and that's with numerous gritters out and about.

Never mind the nonsense in the south with 1 few centimeters causing chaos warning OTT news coverage, it we get in on the action, a lot of areas round here could be seriously cut off.

We got in on the 2009 event here.. was pretty damn harsh. Took us an hour to get home that morning instead of the usual 6 min drive as half the towns roads were cut off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Eno felt it was more appropriate to forecast for Yorkshire than anywhere in NW England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

The area of ppn over the East is starting to progress Northwards. However the band of ppn stretching from the Birmingham area to North Wales is refusing to move, basically sat there all day. I'm thinking as the main band out East moves North it will drag the band over to the West up with it. It does seem to be thinning out however, so if this does happen it will probably be light and patchy in the West of the region.

I'm not hopeful for areas West of Manchester. If I get 1cm on the ground from this I'll be happy!

I'm a Brummie by birth(and the following 28yrs), spoke to my dad today who still lives there apparently it hasn't stopped snowing all daycray.gif

Posted

I remember that,got bugger all to right home about then.

the bbc mild ramoing machine is really in effect here...they love to bring that rain in don't they? haha...the entire thing is hilarous