Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Righty O, carry on here

old thread here ---->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

What the chances for the rest of this week been in liverpool today away from the snow missing the fun!

What the chances for the rest of this week been in liverpool today away from the snow missing the fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Been snowing here all day with no real let up. Has caught alot of people of guard. Schools are closed tomorrow now. All fun lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

I can't believe what a great few days we've had in birmingham!! God bless the winds today. I've said it before - its the unexpected events that really deliver for us in brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not really much to say. Still snizzling as has been the case all day, roads wet, pavements turning to ice. No accumulation.

Posted

It's delivered more snow time wise than Friday

Won't be a surprise to the people of Shrewsbury, we're a dry place compared to alot in the country, low lying alot of protection from hills so westerly's often weaken here and pep up again to the east

Really is snowing heavy now, a great day for longevity of snow falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just looked at saturday on the 12z and that is monsterous!!!!!

It is but other models seem to disagree, just have the atlantic strolling with ease without any snow

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

must have had 6 or cms today, a level 15cms or so altogether.

personally I think today has been more satisfying as Fridays event was overhyped and delivered a moderate snowfall, today was lower key but still delivered for most areas.

Still falling too.

Fantastic day in Warwickshire and Birmingham. Started snowing this morning around 9am and started to settle from the off. Drove to chadwick end and roads bad in brum but clear as soon as i crossed the m42. Amazing what difference it makes moving into another councils area. Snow all day and a very tricky drive home. A41 main road covered in snow and b425 also main road treacherous. Many, many schools now closed but not the one I work in. It's a special school and all the kids are bused in. Exciting to think I many get a snow day to play in the snow. Fingers crossed. Still snowing, 5cm as a total guess. Enough to build a second snowman. This could end up being a snowiest spell that 2009 + 2010.

Posted

Heavy again just north of shrewsbury , about 2 to 3 inches fallen today , roads are awfull , tomorrow will be carnage if this freezes

Posted

Yeah, the whole thing asppears to be moving north at a greater pace now...so may be over soon.

But what an event!

Posted

Fantastic day in Warwickshire and Birmingham. Started snowing this morning around 9am and started to settle from the off. Drove to chadwick end and roads bad in brum but clear as soon as i crossed the m42. Amazing what difference it makes moving into another councils area. Snow all day and a very tricky drive home. A41 main road covered in snow and b425 also main road treacherous. .

Do you mean the roads near Birmingham centre are bad ?

I have to travel from Warks to Birmingham city center to work.

Posted

Been snowing since 9am, so nearly a full 12 hours of snow! This week is challenging Dec '10 in Rugby for sure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

heavier bursts moving west of me over Shrewsbury area, but still snowing here, very light all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

It never got to north of stoke I hope you all had fun down south.