Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Just been out to the garage, and it's surprising how this light stuff piles up! A good inch has fallen in the last couple of hours here in St Ives - amazing!

Posted

Hi Ben, I've had around 6cm now, still coming down quite heavy, what do you think the chances of that load over the North sea making it this far south?

Not too sure but as you mentioned there does seem to heavier PPN moving west towards our area. The front is only moving north very slowly, so I expect to see a few more hours of snow, I think an end total of at least 10cm is possible for us.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Starting to feel like it's snowing everywhere but here. Is that wind literally carrying all the snow over the top of Great Yarmouth wallbash.gif

Posted

what we what now is the east wind pick up and blow it about!!

Posted

Might be wishful thinking, but it does seem to be getting a little heavier here after the washing powder extravaganza of the last 7 hours!

Posted

Starting to feel like it's snowing everywhere but here. Is that wind literally carrying all the snow over the top of Great Yarmouth wallbash.gif

You must get it any minute now.

Edited by Gary_R_Walker

Posted

Have noticed that the band of snow on the Western flank is narrowing very quickly indeed! Was snowing in Swindon earlier, snow line almost back to Oxford now and still moving NE. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is the front fragmenting, the midlands area of snow could be breaking away from the main area.

I have been watching this also and it looks like it will slowly clear from the southwest with Hertfordshire

probably having another couple of hours snow before it fizzles out.

Posted

Hi,

Nothing here all day, the NW extra radar has been showing light snow over me for a few hours now but still nothing (not even 1 flake) cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

You must get it any minute now.

Dad just called to tell me to get the washing in, must be coming now surely!!!

Edit, light dandruff now, man it's cold

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

There's a reasonable cover here now. Nothing like Perfect Storm et al, but by far the best of the season here and it's still falling.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very heavy snow in Peterborough for the last hour or so, beginning to settle on the main roads and everything now. If it keeps like this, we could be looking at some good totals this evening smile.png

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Without fear of contradiction I can now state that we now have a proper bona fide blizzard. Wind is now blowing at 37mph straight from the east, and the snow is horizontal.

I can see that the heavy ppn in the N sea is just hitting the coast now - it's taking it's time to come inland though.

I'm having a lucky afternoon in my location, the lighter snow is only about 5 miles to my SW according to the radar!

Posted

it looks like heavy snow on the fringe of the coast heading west frinton to gt yarmouuth/ acc to rain alarm

Posted

I can see that the heavy ppn in the N sea is just hitting the coast now - it's taking it's time to come inland though.

I'm having a lucky afternoon in my location, the lighter snow is only about 5 miles to my SW according to the radar!

Quite incredible scenes here now, I haven't seen it snow like this for many a long year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

finally some flakes coming down, the fine powdery stuff....looking at radar i'd say still a couple of hours before main course is served :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Only really had light stuff here, giving a total of around 2cm. Thought I was in one of the best placed spots....hoping for some heavier stuff soon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

is it just me or is all the ppn that is leaving Belgium curling round towards the Suffolk / Norfolk coast?

Posted

Quite incredible scenes here now, I haven't seen it snow like this for many a long year.

radar picking very heavy snow in you area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Better than expected here, nearly at two inches. Been in the more orange bit on radar for last hour or so.

Posted

I think West Norfolk are going to miss out on this one, just that little bit too far north. Bitterly cold in the wind so I'm not sure I'd want to be out in it anyway!

It will hit soon its slowly traveling north into Norfolk as well as going north

Posted

Only really had light stuff here, giving a total of around 2cm. Thought I was in one of the best placed spots....hoping for some heavier stuff soon!!

Demoralising so far isn't it?