Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in Beds, Bucks, Herts, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Milton Keynes.

Link to the previous one here:

post-10773-0-11095400-1358692133_thumb.j

Posted

In for an interesting afternoon of weather smile.png. Snow coming down hard here, small flakes though.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Bullseye yet again. Im that lucky that even S parts of Peterborough aren't seeing the heavier stuff.

post-1766-0-73400200-1358692352_thumb.jp

Absolutely chucking it down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Slough, Surrey & West Sussex

Valid from: 1200 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

A band of snow is spreading northwards across parts of southeastern and eastern England, as well as the Midlands and will reach parts of north Wales and northeast England during Sunday afternoon and evening. This will bring accumulations of 2-5 cm snow to some areas, and perhaps in excess of 8 cm towards coastal counties of southeast and eastern England. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

This warning has been updated to include more of northeast Wales, the Midlands up to parts of Yorkshire.

Issued at: 1218 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...Time=1358596860

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well whilst some wait for snow to start or heavier ppn. This made me laugh....He got balls.

https://www.google.c....41248874,d.d2k

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Radar back working for me - looking awsome in the N Sea. If that lot keeps it's intensity and ends up over EA it will be an epic Sunday afternoon.

Is this snow ever going to go North?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Bullseye yet again. Im that lucky that even S parts of Peterborough aren't seeing the heavier stuff.

post-1766-0-73400200-1358692352_thumb.jp

Absolutely chucking it down.

Nothing here at all, not a flake. Strange, as that green streak appears to be straddling me on the radar.

Posted

Roads turning white, temperatures down from 0.9 to 0.4, snow not too light, thinks are improving smile.png

Where abouts are you Hughsey?

Posted

Snow really coming down heavily now, a few more hours of this and I may get a day off tomorrow.

Where abouts are you Hughsey?

I'm in Sawtry, how's St Ives doing?

Posted

Nothing here at all, not a flake. Strange, as that green streak appears to be straddling me on the radar.

I think TEITS is one lucky boy today - could so easily have been 'zilch' for him!

Posted

N limit appears to be Wisbech at the moment. However this band is moving ever so slightly N all the time but its incredibly slow.

Posted

Snow really coming down heavily now, a few more hours of this and I may get a day off tomorrow.

I'm in Sawtry, how's St Ives doing?

Not bad actually, still light snow, but plenty of it coming down if you know what I mean. No thick flakes yet, but prospects looking good for the rest of the day. Temp 0.4 and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

been non stop here since about 8.30am (at least I have seen it non stop. we did take my step daughter back to Ware for a few hours). Seems like its been heavier here in Stevenage than it was in Ware. Its mounting up in places and although mainly light there are heavier bursts. Seems like there is still plenty more to come yet too.

Posted

N limit appears to be Wisbech at the moment. However this band is moving ever so slightly N all the time but its incredibly slow.

Here just outside of Wisbech had very light snow for an hour and half, stopped now, not enough to settle, hoping it will hit us soon!

Posted

Not bad actually, still light snow, but plenty of it coming down if you know what I mean. No thick flakes yet, but prospects looking good for the rest of the day. Temp 0.4 and falling.

Yeah same as here then. I will be happy if the snow stays at this kind of rate for the next few hours, but am hoping we can see some bigger flake snow within the next couple of hours and temperatures falling to below freezing in the next hour or two too.

Posted

Based on the NAE its going to take until midnight to clear the N of this region maybe into the early hrs.