Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

From iPad or phone use photobucket app it's simple and easy to use and then just copy and paste the IMG code into your post.

Well i posted them on fb then copied and pasted them on here as i will never find them again on my lappy

Posted

I would like to see a snow map with members depths.

Feel a bit mugged here lol.

Looks like those closer to London done better than SE Essex, which is the reverse of what was predicted!!

As you say - They are just predictions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Yeah except my son goes to St Joseph's :( is it on the list it won't load for me

Not yet. I suspect most schools will decide in the morning. My school is a small local primary n most of the LSAs and some teaching staff are local - within walking distance so we will open as long as enough staff can get in. We have even opened at ten before to give staff time to get in.

Posted

Still snowing lighly here in East Sussex, Amazing !!!!! we have about 7"/ 8" here now with some three foot drifts here and there Bloody brilliant

Thats several times youve mentioned the 3 foot drifts. Do you have any photo's of them ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

I would like to see a snow map with members depths.

Feel a bit mugged here lol.

Looks like those closer to London done better than SE Essex, which is the reverse of what was predicted!!

Just say it how it is. We in SE Essex are WELL GUTTED tongue.png

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Thats several times youve mentioned the 3 foot drifts. Do you have any photo's of them ?!

will do tomorrow , we typically get snowed in here being a small hamlet of 10 houses high up on the south downs

Posted

I have 8 and a half cms!!! It does include a half a one from yesterday which mostly melted just outside the back door!

Jo, what do you have?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Strewth 45 pages in just a few hours!...Good Stuff!

and on that note, a fresh thread is coming shortly, so please finish off any posts....link to follow

Posted

Just got to work in docklands...well I have never driven so far in continuous falling snow!! It seems to be snowing harder here, but a lot of the motorway was down to one lane being used.The snow to the sides seems to have a real glint to it even where temps are around 1C. All that way and the only place I had a problem was in the work car park lol ,chose not to park underground as not sure what the slope out would be like in the morning, the rest of it was all ready like a skating rink..acute.gif

Posted

http://meteox.com/gm...oom&x=200&y=268

tonight temps from -3 london

to anywhere around -8 suburbs and frost hollows

re tomorrow night

i will update properly later

Hi JP, Have you seen how the ppn moves away from Croydon and then slightly to the West, ppn just appears. I've got this feeling there is more snow tonight

Posted

Evening all.

What a great day it has been.

Snow has now stopped & imby i have a grand total of 18.6cms this is combined in with the snow still in place from a few days ago.

Be aware the danger overnight with temps falling away now its the ice we have to deal with now.

Was looking good for some further snow tomorrow for south west london hopefully when i get in it still looks good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, new thread here ----------->

Locking this one shortly