Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Right well now the whole lot will start to shift northwards, so the further west you are in the zone the less time you'll have in the snow. Kent and Essex probably still have a good few hours. Focus after 15z switches to EA and maybve far northern parts of this region.

Probably been moderate snowfall here for the last 30 minutes after a fairly slow but steady first few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

snow sliding off car windscreens, never a good sign - occasional light snow, where's the heavy stuff? :(

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Steady dandruff here near Heathrow, giving around 2-3cm of fresh snow so far, no settling on the main roads, so at least I should be able to drive home to south London without too much hassle.

Cloud base becoming very low here, on 10th floor and feel like nearly in the cloud base. Gap between dew point and air temp shrinking, so explains why cloud base and visibility coming down.

Posted

Still small flakes here but coming down thick & fast. Was going to go out for a walk and take the camera but I chickened out, maybe later when/if it stops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Right well now the whole lot will start to shift northwards, so the further west you are in the zone the less time you'll have in the snow. Kent and Essex probably still have a good few hours. Focus after 15z switches to EA and maybve far northern parts of this region.

Probably been moderate snowfall here for the last 30 minutes after a fairly slow but steady first few hours.

Surrey said that all the stuff in Germany and Belgium is heading west so surely that will move directly west over the South London / Surrey / West London region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Heavy fine snow coming down at the moment, around 5 cm's Id say currently on path, but can see the odd drip off the shed roof, not good.............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

It's all gone a bit snizzly - we've had the microflakes all morning, but it's eased a bit, for now.... I'm happy watching that channel blob feeding it in... just the tips of the grass uncovered now....

Posted

4 cm in SWF on hard, flat exposed surface.

all sniZzzzzzle.

Good for snowballs.

They are not too sticky and not too powdery and exploded nicely on impact.

I scrunched some up with my bare hands and 10 seconds later my hands weren't cold or wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

I'm not the only one who is obsessed with the snow in our family :-)

P1000506.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Picking up again here.

OH is being boring and won't come play in it with me later :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Biggest flakes so far today almost 5p flakes

Posted

4cm today and 10 cm in total so far here in East Grinstead....................happy days good.gif

Posted

A solid 4cm here measured on a few different hard surfaces. Excuse the paint on the ruler lol.

post-5249-0-48016700-1358687733_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

Heavier in Bromley Common now. Reporting from the Crown pub, looking out on a winter wonderland!

Posted

I'm a bit dubious about tomorrow morning, both o/h and I have 5am starts, it's gonna be dodgy, I reckon!

CD

Posted

Quick update from Horley (gatwick, basically). Light snow started here 8am, increasing in intensity up to this point. Flakes remain small (5p?). Probably 2-3 cms deposited though I've not been out and about. Currently light to moderate and blowing about a bit.

Settling into watch the footie on TV; don't imagine Sky pundits are the best of forecasters but with reference to a pitch inspection at the two London clubs they have been told to expect 'heavier snow from 2pm'. Do with that what you will!

Posted

Hi Mulzy in Raynes Park

Couldn't use the quote thing, but yes, temp diff interesting, noticed the other day you were saying how the temp was going up, you had a higher reading than me.

I am in Fairway and temp currently +0.1

Suppose the odd tad is not the end of the world and my sensor is screwed onto my wooden fence which backs south.

Great snow tho!

Posted

This is amazing.................Still heavy snow here and temp is -2c biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

ive not had no big flakes just constant snizzle then very bad dandruff blowing around from a big head,if you get my drift blum.gif