Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Swoosh bang, load snow slid off roof, buckled the guttering and broken gutter clips,,,,,,,,,,,,Another repair billbad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Sadly wishful thinking there is not enough power in that system to make it this far west and even if it did any snow would be deposited over east dartmoor. Looking a bit forlorn down these parts now for further snow now, appears the tiny low pressures this week are too far south and in addition have too much warmth from the atlantic to bring us snow....well may be where you are! Much snow left up your way?

I was brought up in Crownhill, before moving to Ellbridge (nr Hatt - Tamar Valley), Last 2 years live in Somerset, Charlton Adam nr Somerton (10 miles north of Yeovil) long way from the coast and further east, but very dry. I used to get 'frustrated by the 'snow shield' around Plymouth - but its location so far west and south is the issue - but whata place to live, sea, moors Argyle and pasties!!! Anyway light snow grains since 8am this morning settling on the ground - still have 90% snow cover about 2-3 inches deep - but main roads clear. maybe the system over SE will make it further west!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Have you got a cold shield where you live Catacol????!!!

Sigh. Not quite - its certainly cold today, but essentially it is bone dry and it would appear that Mother Nature wants to play a horrible joke on the town of Wellington. Drive 2 miles out of town up to Blackdowns and there are a few inches, but not down here in the valley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Moderate snow here, with sun trying to come out! Right on the edge of the system here, 25 miles west would splendid right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Swoosh bang, load snow slid off roof, buckled the guttering and broken gutter clips,,,,,,,,,,,,Another repair billbad.gif

We need a dislike button help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing here lightly since 8:30am. Already have 2cm additional now. Cars re-covered, drives have snow on and road is bad again.

Posted

Had very small flakes for the last hour and a half, still falling, temp 3.0C, humidity 82%, sun poking through at times.

Posted

Temperature in Bognor is now 1.1C and we also almost saw the sun, just a hazy shape in the gloom. sad.png Snow still falling but very light indeed and with the rise in Temp it is melting anywhere without snow cover already. Really need this system to creep 30 miles westward so we get a more significant fall rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Been snowing here lightly since 8:30am. Already have 2cm additional now. Cars re-covered, drives have snow on and road is bad again.

Ha - that's a joke. Your little top up in light snow virtually equals my total from the last 3 days combined. That's it - I'm too grumpy for words. I'll leave this thread for more optimistic folk who have something to enjoy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I was brought up in Crownhill, before moving to Ellbridge (nr Hatt - Tamar Valley), Last 2 years live in Somerset, Charlton Adam nr Somerton (10 miles north of Yeovil) long way from the coast and further east, but very dry. I used to get 'frustrated by the 'snow shield' around Plymouth - but its location so far west and south is the issue - but whata place to live, sea, moors Argyle and pasties!!! Anyway light snow grains since 8am this morning settling on the ground - still have 90% snow cover about 2-3 inches deep - but main roads clear. maybe the system over SE will make it further west!!!

Well yes indeed Plymouth is a dank wet old place in the winter. The snow line this week has been crownhill. Cold rain in town. I was lucky to get two or three inches IMBY (Woolwell) Indeed what we don't get in the winter we make up to easy access to the beach during the summer. The last time Plymouth as a whole got snow was the famous 2010 event, mind you before that it was some time in the early 1980's!!! Anyway its cloudy here and cold just about freezing might get the odd flake in the breeze (heres hoping)

Posted

Been trying to get out in the snow. But the misses has taken 3 hours so far to get ready !

You're lucky ! Mine wont even go out in the stuff rofl.gif

At least I can take my daughter up to Painswick (when she gets ready !! rofl.gif )

Unexpected bit of snow (albeit light) today !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

Posted

Be grateful your getting any!

My thoughts exactly

Posted

My thoughts exactly

And they're in Gloucester aswell, so probably already have around 4 inches! Me however, are making do with my now about 2cm on grass after only about 4cm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

0.3 degrees C last night in plymouth. Coldest since (my) records began.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

You're lucky ! Mine wont even go out in the stuff rofl.gif

At least I can take my daughter up to Painswick (when she gets ready !! rofl.gif )

Unexpected bit of snow (albeit light) today !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

I tried to getting neighbour out yesterday to go to the cinema and she thought it was too treacherous to walk five mins in.. ( young girl too) then I asked her if she wanted to come into town for a coffee today again a five minute walk. No she wants to stay in... I don't get it.. I so wish I had a sledge.. I'd be down that nearby slope with the others at the age of 43 in a flash ..!

Posted

-2.4C DP, -0.7C Temp, Pressure now falling at 0.4mb p/hour current reading 993.9

I'm off to the pub to watch Arsenal humiliate Chelsea!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Currently 0.1c here overcast and dry humidity dropped to 83% pressure 997 wind light east, hoping for some upgrades over next 48 to 72 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

-2.4C DP, -0.7C Temp, Pressure now falling at 0.4mb p/hour current reading 993.9

I'm off to the pub to watch Arsenal humiliate Chelsea!!

Very similar here. Temp: -0.6°C Dew point: -2.3°C