Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 - 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot&Sunny,,, Cold&Snowy/ HATE RAIN

This is a bit better, just need then flakes to increase slightly in aize

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

essex chell....nothing here yet...another hour i think

Got lovely flakes falling here now dad can't be long for you now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

**NB* RE.SNOW DEPTH CUP.

I nearly forgot, I was going to mention what happens if any of you have the same amount as your opponent.

If you're on zilch, nada, you will have a replay during the next snow event. If you have a score draw, a penalty shoot-out will result and only I will know the result, probably, if you put your height above sea-level in your profile or I'll have to ask you your postcodes, now you dont want me to do that do you!

IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU HAVE BOTH RECORDED THE SAME AMOUNT, EXCEPT 0-0, THE MEMBER WITH THE LOCATION WITH THE LOWEST ALTITUDE, SHALL BE DEEMED THE WINNER.

If by some strange quirk your locations are at the same height, the emergency Pools Panel (Snow Panel), showing my age now, will be brought in to adjudicate on the result (Paul Sherman, Steve Murr and Chionomaniac), using polystyrene balls, bifurcated jetstreams and SSWs! I've not been drinking either!

Cheers,

Tom

P.S. Off to work now, oh and btw, ITS SNOWING AND SETTLING TOO, i'm after you Sno'problem!

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

definitely seems to be a more WNW orientation than forecast . . . would this not push the band through quicker than anticipated providing a curtailed event rather than a longer event that a northerly track would have produced ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We need that band to keep increasing over the Channel otherwise we half through it already !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

ooh were up to 5/10 on Steves scale! Come on Snow!!!

definitely seems to be a more WNW orientation than forecast . . . would this not push the band through quicker than anticipated providing a curtailed event rather than a longer event that a northerly track would have produced ??

No, the 850 winds are perfect.. And the PPN is following these winds... It would draw the much heavier stuff over our region..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

From that radar grab I can't see this being as long a fall as anticipated? It looked like the heavier burst went North East through Belgium into Holland..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Everything now completely white in Dartford:-) can't wait to use my sledge later it has brakes:-))

Posted

Heavy snow here, -1.5C dew -4C 3cm so far! not even under the snow warning yet from the Met Office? this should be amber atm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Rock n' Roll - it's happening. roads, cars and pavement covering. Getting heavier dare I say. A precursor for later perhaps? Anyway, I like!

Posted