Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - Part 565

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Hi surrey

Slightly west

yeaaaah me too

Posted

There are some lovely wines and some bad wines..... Should try a new zealand sauv blanc or french pinot noir light and delicious.... Esp with cheese and crackers! Yum.....

Whats this forum about again? lol

Posted

I'm pacing myself lol. Don't want to miss the fun tomorrow.....rofl.gif

what u aiming to drink till 2pm solid...must get back to the weatherbiggrin.png

Posted

Great post ! I lived just outside Folkestone from late 1975 - 1983 and enjoyed some truly memorable snow events. The new year event of 1978-79 will never be forgotten but there were several others and with a number of them we did very very well when many other parts of the country did not. I do miss living in that part of the world but at least being 600ft up in the eastern chilterns gives me half a chance of receiving significant snow events. Good luck for tomorrow to you and all others in the South East who have largely missed out so far . My son is at University in Canterbury and is struggling to understand the fuss about the snow so I fully appreciate how dissapointing its been so far for some of you.

Have done two degrees at university of kent in canterbury..... And have worked there for six years..... Its not very snowy down here but hopefully tomorrow will be our fifth time lucky? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

It's looking like the western part of the front is dying and not moving whereas the eastern side is tracking NNE , and so woud miss us altogether . ! Would the easterly wind bring it back west at all ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold with frost & snow in winter; hot and dry in summer

Have done two degrees at university of kent in canterbury..... And have worked there for six years..... Its not very snowy down here but hopefully tomorrow will be our fifth time lucky? tease.gif

I think you will do reasonably well tomorrow - I certainly hope you do.

Posted

It's looking like the western part of the front is dying and not moving whereas the eastern side is tracking NNE , and so woud miss us altogether . ! Would the easterly wind bring it back west at all ?

Latest radar suggesting otherwise?....suspect yes to the Easterly wind?

http://europa.buienradar.nl/3daagse.aspx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I'm suprised the MO haven't updated their warning yet, 1-2cms in Kent shouldn't happen unless it does just go into the North Sea, surely an amber for at least Kent and Essex at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

I'm keeping the faith with this one!

post-9921-0-02973100-1358630601_thumb.pn

It does look to head north east from the first images on there, but then thinks better of it and heads straight north. I hope.

Posted

Whats this forum about again? lol

I am lucky, Hubby runs an online wine business (caseofsix.com) so we always have samples in the house lazy.gif

Back to the snow- hoping for 4-5 inches. Would make up for the disappointment so far !!!

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/19/basis18/ukuk/rsum/13012112_1918.gif

A slight uptick west- 18z NAE

but whats also good for suffolk & poss norfolk & essex is the increase in PPN totals to 15mm.--

8-10 for me i will take that.... Smaller ratios 1:1.25 tomorrow me thinks

so 15mm =19cm

8mm =10cm & the low end-

3mm =4 cm

so my summry for tomorrow & slightly post that-

A sharp cut off zone across the capitol- much like friday- but in reverse- 20cms will be the jackpot, I think 5-6m will be the mean & the low end totals out to Surrey- more especially Thorpe - 2cm....

S

Posted

I am lucky, Hubby runs an online wine business (caseofsix.com) so we always have samples in the house lazy.gif

Back to the snow- hoping for 4-5 inches. Would make up for the disappointment so far !!!

You're my newest best friend you aredrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

I'm on the vino too, a nice Sauvignon Blanc....to bed reasonably early tho. Don't want to miss the snow tomorrrow!

Posted

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/19/basis18/ukuk/rsum/13012112_1918.gif

A slight uptick west- 18z NAE

but whats also good for suffolk & poss norfolk & essex is the increase in PPN totals to 15mm.--

8-10 for me i will take that.... Smaller ratios 1:1.25 tomorrow me thinks

so 15mm =19cm

8mm =10cm & the low end-

3mm =4 cm

so my summry for tomorrow & slightly post that-

A sharp cut off zone across the capitol- much like friday- but in reverse- 20cms will be the jackpot, I think 5-6m will be the mean & the low end totals out to Surrey- more especially Thorpe - 2cm....

S

Thanks Steve... Looks like I should be good for an extra inch or two! :)