Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewfox

Microsoft word and excel what to buy ?

What is the best site where you can buy via download excel and word.

I just need up todate Word / Excel for work as a consultant but nothing advanced. wordorg the free one is of no use. Its doesnt format the word docs I get correctly.

Seems cost vary from £90 to £250 ?

I had a free trail of office word 2007 that ran out. I tried to uninstall it can get another free trail but that didnt work.

My last last lap top broke and will look to buy another laptop but before then would like to get something for main computer and perhaps 'buy' an extra licence.

I dont mind paying for this but seems to be so many options.

If you (or someone in your family) is a student - try this: http://software4stud...nd-student-2010

Thanks i bought it and now it says "the download manger is currently restricted by your browser security settings . Save the download manager to your local drive and excute it from there for proper operations"..

What does that mean in English ? I understood you couldnt keep downloading trail version but cant seem to down load paid versions. The 'help' pages are confusing for a tech fobe.

I'm firmly committed to Open Office. Wouln't give MS the satisfaction these days

I'm firmly committed to Open Office. Wouln't give MS the satisfaction these days

I was told to save it in another location and it runs to 15% but thats it. This is my partners sons old computer. IT drives me nuts. This is a 64 bitscomputer apparently and programme says runs better at 32 bits but going nowhere. will keep trying. All I want to do is down load excel/word paid for

Why not just Torrent them? Saves £200+

???

37% now downloaded so in 2hrs 20 mins dowloaded extra 22%. Should have filmed for you tube.

Hope to be on fibre optics via sky soon as I must have the slowest download speed on the planet , still uploading Dec 2010 charts I hear they were good ?

Torrent Illegal that's why. If you can't download it possibly due to isp restrictions and in that case torrent won't help you should be able to contact the supplier and get the DVD. PCworld do student deals as well.

If it is for Home Use only then the cheaper version is available for anyone, "Home and Student" normally £79.

I see that technically if for work purposes you shouldn't use it, technically.

But you would be buying a licensed version of Office.