Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angelici Magiovinium

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in London and the south east...

Met O Ice warnings for Saturday......... please do all take care.....

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

post-10773-0-89776800-1358553011_thumb.j

Link to the previous one here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75641-london-south-east-regional-discussion-18th-january-2013-1900hrs/page__st__760

Good night all, lets hope Croydon gets some nice fresh snow during night both my kids are running park run at 9 am , crazy kids

Coming down nicely in the city again, being going most of night and now and again we are getting heavier pulses

Why do I feel like this will be a long long night of lamp post and radar watching?!? Handy my PC is next to the window with a lampost near by...! :D

Update: Wind Easterly @ 8mph!....

Wind now ESE 102' Here in the Medway Valley

Almost calm, small gusts to 6mph

Can you tell me if that's a good thing for getting snow overnight? I'm a total novice at reading the models. Please tell me. I'm going crazy here. lol

South Woodham Ferrers reporting in.

We have a dusting.

Good evening fellow Woodhamer...yep I have an actual dusting now too. Just couple of taps on the sieve's worth. It's quite loud snow. I'm in my office/conservatory and I can hear it. Which I didn't expect.

heavier snow in Croydon now. I can see the flakes without needing to get up and look at the lamp post.

Saw Daren Bett Forcast for Sunday event it showed rain at the end of the run, anyone know about this? because it's sods law we def get THAT!

he's a mildy and i always take his forecasts with a pinch of salt . . . . sorry Darren, but at least it WON'T be mild !

newbie here, looks like some more heavy snow could be heading for London soon? -- also anyone know how Sunday's looking?

seems to be stalled in moving west right on the edge of stevenage on the radar lol.. light snow here though so not complaining. Anyone have any idea on possible extent tonight as my fiance is out there driving lorry and he is going between milton keynes, harlow and beckton

Latest radar from about 15 minutes ago,

post-6686-0-32843500-1358553444_thumb.pn

NMM model shows snow continuing through tonight and into Sunday, also on Sunday it shows snow being heavy something to watch out for,

Can you tell me if that's a good thing for getting snow overnight? I'm a total novice at reading the models. Please tell me. I'm going crazy here. lol

The shift more to the east is a good thing as we may develop a Thames streamer. That always delivers the goods, especially with all the snow in the North Sea

Sky out east is absolutely full of snow.

Have had 2 Power Bursts of snow in the last 15 minutes that has delivered a proper what I would call covering now and not a dusting.

Getting there slowly but surely!

It's hillarious how Medway keeps being missed. Has someone put up a giant umbrella?

Have you noticed how the ppn is pivoting in a anti clockwise motion? With the wind now turning to a ESE flow, the ppn will also push slightly inland..........This is incredible radar watching biggrin.pngclap.gifclap.gif

Heavy snow in Chelmsford, although the flakes are still reasonably small.

Has anybody actually had any big flakes today even on the tv they seemed of the small variety just alot more than minenea.gif