Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Ok, thank you, folks..but..I need to see how it happens with an illustration of some kind. I 'get it' better if I can see what is happening. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Ok, thank you, folks..but..I need to see how it happens with an illustration of some kind. I 'get it' better if I can see what is happening. sad.png

The precipitation is in mm. So the guide on the side i.e pink 1, pink 2 etc shows 1mm, 2mm. The more the precipitation the heavier the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Ok, thank you, folks..but..I need to see how it happens with an illustration of some kind. I 'get it' better if I can see what is happening. sad.png

And that's the bit I hate about all this snizzly dreichness: I can't see what's happening!

Posted

Slightly disappointed by this event so far... For us on the east coast I thought this undercutting senario was going to be great but as it stands the temps are just too marginal for us in this sort of set up.... Give me a scandi high north easterly set up anytime.. Our 4 inches from a lucky shower Thursday night has thawed quite a bit over night. We didn't see anything from the front yesterday and the snow tomorrow looks like its gonna be washed away come Monday morning... Great!!

Fully agree. I have done well from this cold spell so far but give me a convective E/NE,ly with uppers of -15C anytime.

As for the rest of the week the snow risk will lessen from midweek and a slow thaw will occur but again the rate of thawing will be greater further E. Again though this is subject to change because I am yet to be convinced of the model output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

Fully agree. I have done well from this cold spell so far but give me a convective E/NE,ly with uppers of -15C anytime.

As for the rest of the week the snow risk will lessen from midweek and a slow thaw will occur but again the rate of thawing will be greater further E. Again though this is subject to change because I am yet to be convinced of the model output.

always love reading your analysis TEITS so keep up the good work

Posted

Certainly unexpected this. Sorted my plan for tomorrow. Get up, light a fire, slow cook some Lamb for 7 hours, watch the snow. Perfect.

How do you make your lamb, it sounds good.

Posted

Quick update.

Snow potential remains for tomorrow and then we could see more between Mon/Tues. However at this stage the snow on Mon could be more marginal and those in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk could actually see rain followed by a thaw of lying snow as dewpoints rise to around 3C. The best chance of snow on Mon/Tues is for those in the extreme W/SW of this region. This of course is subject to change.

To be honest, im more interested in what the NAE has to say about DP's and temps than GFS. NMM seems to have handled the precipitation extent the best (and its GFS based) but it (and the GFS) continue to greatly overestimate dew point temperatures - this was most apparent on Monday, when even right up until the event itself it continued to forecast sleet for this entire region.

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Potential for 3 snow events starting from tomorrow, quite amazing!

Posted

While we are on the subject of Lamb cooking, the only bit I'm absolutely certain about is you have to drag the little screaming lamb away from its mother while it's still juicy and tender and then kill it. After that I'm not 100% sure.

Posted

While we are on the subject of Lamb cooking, the only bit I'm absolutely certain about is you have to drag the little screaming lamb away from its mother while it's still juicy and tender and then kill it. After that I'm not 100% sure.

funny-dog-pictures-dog-eats-little-lamb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Ugh! To a vegetarian that sounds so awful. Poor little things. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Potential for 3 snow events starting from tomorrow, quite amazing!

Hi. I know we are poss due one coming up from France but not been on to know the rest.. What are the other two?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Quick update.

Snow potential remains for tomorrow and then we could see more between Mon/Tues. However at this stage the snow on Mon could be more marginal and those in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk could actually see rain followed by a thaw of lying snow as dewpoints rise to around 3C. The best chance of snow on Mon/Tues is for those in the extreme W/SW of this region. This of course is subject to change.

Looking at this morning's charts, I think the upcoming week could be pretty unpleasant; cold, but the wrong side of marginal, especially where I live. We might have a reasonable snowfall tomorrow, but if it turns to slushy mush on Monday, it won't be worth it for me. Hopefully I'm wrong. Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

ahhh that was horrible/

As for the snow it does seem to be buubling up from the thames doesnt it?

Posted

Hi. I know we are poss due one coming up from France but not been on to know the rest.. What are the other two?

Monday through to Tuesday and a heavy shower risk from Wednesday onward.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

LOC_20130119_0900.png

Could that lump just off the Norfolk/Suffolk coast be a blob-in-the-making?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

This is a complete stab in the dark, but I think she slow cooks it for 7 hours.

ahh, sarcasm, the lowest and yet funniest form of humour, love it rofl.gif

Edited by MarcB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

I know. Bet they still drink £200 bottles of wine on their jollies aggressive.gif

Although, on a clear night it does make looking at the stars easier acute.gif

What the lights out or the £200 bottles of wine! aggressive.gif

Here in Chelmsord the weather remains cold and cloudy with light snow falling. We are visiting our youngest son tomorrow who lives near Godmanchester to his boy's second birthday party. Hoping that we will be able to get back home in the evening.

Regards Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Or it could be another lump of World War II Lard

i cant see anything.??

what the best radar as nw one seems to be acting up?cheers

Edited by Floatylight