Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Heavy snow now and settling very quickly. Amazing but just 16miles N of Peterborough they haven't seen a flake all morning!

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

A heavier band of snow has developed over London and up into North Hertfordshire/South Cambridgeshire in the last 15 minutes. Has intensified the snow across these areas.

Almost looks like a squall line you sometimes get in Spring/Summer.

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted

Nothing doing in Norwich, windy and cold and it's interesting to see snow melting on paths but not lawns etc. When I say melt, it's just evaporating into the air as the concrete is dry around the melt rather than seeing trickling water. I thought we would have had snow by now. Fingers crossed.

Posted

Heavy snow now and settling very quickly. Amazing but just 16miles N of Peterborough they haven't seen a flake all morning!

I'm a few miles south of you and not settling here. Have had this before I think where you got pasted and we got dusted.

I might just shut the curtains and hope lol

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

have a look at the radar to see whats lurking mate, its looking very promising for you!

I can now see snow being blown across the beach, it's coming my way. Thanks mate. Winds are now 35mph, so could be quite exciting.

Posted

Looks like the snow is intensifying rapidly in the last 15-30 minutes - pitch inspection at Tottenham tells you all you need to know!

Surely the heavier stuff is finally going to come our way?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like its coming, temp in my room 19 degrees, I'm ready for this weather, show your worst!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Pepping up here just to your South too. I'm radarless at the moment wallbash.gif could you give me an idea of how things are looking for St Ives?

Posted

Nothing doing in Norwich, windy and cold and it's interesting to see snow melting on paths but not lawns etc. When I say melt, it's just evaporating into the air as the concrete is dry around the melt rather than seeing trickling water. I thought we would have had snow by now. Fingers crossed.

quite heavy in ipswich had about an inch so far

Posted

I can now see snow being blown across the beach, it's coming my way. Thanks mate. Winds are now 35mph, so could be quite exciting.

yep there is alot of ppn heading your way! this system is even effect us in staffs, heavy snow here, enjoy it mate! ill bugger of out this thread now Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

There is over 6cm here now....

post-10773-0-15156700-1358691746_thumb.j

...still falling steadily at about 1cm per hour clapping.gif

Posted

Working fine for me. I'm using Chrome browser.

im useing the same app off my phone rain alarm its showing some heavy snow just east of norwich

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

bloody kids ruining the snow on my street

Borrow TEITS spade and give them a wack round the back of the knees then.....nobody walks on my snow and walks away diablo.gif

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

yep there is alot of ppn heading your way! this system is even effect us in staffs, heavy snow here, enjoy it mate! ill bugger of out this thread now

It's good to see you Staffs - pop in anytime!

Posted

we had a 5 minute shower in bourne an hour ago but nothing since ...this is tedious watching the radar