Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I'd wait until at least 12pm- the strongest signal for sleet and rain was 0200 to 0600, and after that, the signal was progressively snowier.

The stuff coming in seems to be intensifying nr the coast- I'm interested to see what is the snow-rain line atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

At least the snow cover hasn't been completely washed away as it was in 2009!

Posted

I'd wait until at least 12pm- the strongest signal for sleet and rain was 0200 to 0600, and after that, the signal was progressively snowier.

Right, here at 3am it was snowing. Woke up at 7.30, still snowing. Hardly any accumulation, total depth a measly 8cm over grass. Just cleaned the car windscreen of an inch of very wet and claggy snow. We can talk all day about how this could happen and that could happen, but this is a damp squib. Nowt will accumulate during the day with light/moderate horizontal snow, and 1º

Posted

20cm was for higher ground. Stanley and Consett are really bad. See pic of Lanchester road for situation up here

Ive seen it, I posted it.

Consett will probably get 20cms today, go back through the thread and people who were watching the radar last night were expecting most of the north east to be getting a pasting.

Its absoultely banging down here.

Edited by Hagler

Posted

Thanks for the pic, I was just about to set off to Easington from Consett! Don't think I'll bother as traffic manic and I would suggest snow level is dropping and snow all day will result in awful conditions. Don't fancy a night in Easington!!

Posted

Police have closed the road in and out of here now so am completly cut off

Posted

Very heavy snow here, much drier now and blowing sideways in the gale force wind. Better late than never! :D

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

The stuff coming in seems to be intensifying nr the coast- I'm interested to see what is the snow-rain line atm.

Heavy hail shower and I was out in it..!! Blowing hard and felt like I was getting sand blasted..!! Turned all the wet surfaces white again. Showers are now turning increasingly to snow with little rain/sleet amongst them.

Posted

Main road is turning white!

Posted

Heavy snow in cramlington fairly wet and has only left a layer of slush on surfaces, hoping the temp drops a little through the day.