Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Great Sundays event now massively downgraded. Knew it couldn't go to plan for just one night!! Snow missing us and hitting the already snowed in eastern districts! Making up for a thaw today. Typical. Was really hoping the models had kept a westward movement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The models look alright to me.

Posted

Most weather stations round here are showing just above freezing, including mine at +0.2C

It has been showers on and off all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Great Sundays event now massively downgraded. Knew it couldn't go to plan for just one night!! Snow missing us and hitting the already snowed in eastern districts! Making up for a thaw today. Typical. Was really hoping the models had kept a westward movement.

Can you post a link or any info on said event missing ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Matt Hugo thoughts on sunday/monday snow.

At this stage there are some uncertainties over which areas are at greatest risk as the weather patterns that are expected to bring this renewed risk of rain, sleet and snow are complex. However, latest forecast model data and thinking is that a weather front, in association with an area of low pressure to the south or southeast of the UK, is forecast to move north and west into central and eastern areas of England in particular later on Sunday and overnight into Monday.

Precipitation is likely to fall as rain or sleet at lower levels (coasts and below 100–150m) in eastern England but further inland and especially above 200m then further snowfall is expected across parts of Eastern England.

I have highlighted, on the forecast map which areas I believe are at greatest risk of snowfall in red and a lower risk across the yellow areas. At the moment snowfall amounts are likely to range between 2cm and 5cm within the red areas, but locally heavier bursts of precipitation cannot be ruled out and this may result in snowfall totals across parts of Yorkshire and the Pennines for example reaching up to 10cm.

The timing of this event may well coincide with the Monday morning rush hour across eastern areas of the UK and as a result some travel disruption may be possible.

Matt Hugo, Meteorologist

post-19582-0-47604900-1358585962_thumb.p

Edited by MAZ79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

NAE does not extend out to when the snow moves north overnight/Monday am. good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Well Lets Hope sunday/mondays snow dont downgrade and upgrade Its out turn for few inches .

HaHa, i had to really fight myself to not make a dodgy comment then, as soon as i read it my hand got a mind of its own and scurried to the keyboard like

in the Evil Dead. Its a little early for innuendo, dont want anyone spitting quaker oats over their laptop diablo.gif

Yep, only upgrades coming, full of optimism that we're all going to get a pasting tommorrow. Colds going to upgrade too, cold all through next week

which brings us up to Chiono and GP's main SSW ieffect time of the 25th Jan and there'll be prolonged cold well into Feb.

And that ladies and gentleman is todays hopecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Matt Hugo thoughts on sunday/monday snow.

At this stage there are some uncertainties over which areas are at greatest risk as the weather patterns that are expected to bring this renewed risk of rain, sleet and snow are complex. However, latest forecast model data and thinking is that a weather front, in association with an area of low pressure to the south or southeast of the UK, is forecast to move north and west into central and eastern areas of England in particular later on Sunday and overnight into Monday.

Precipitation is likely to fall as rain or sleet at lower levels (coasts and below 100–150m) in eastern England but further inland and especially above 200m then further snowfall is expected across parts of Eastern England.

I have highlighted, on the forecast map which areas I believe are at greatest risk of snowfall in red and a lower risk across the yellow areas. At the moment snowfall amounts are likely to range between 2cm and 5cm within the red areas, but locally heavier bursts of precipitation cannot be ruled out and this may result in snowfall totals across parts of Yorkshire and the Pennines for example reaching up to 10cm.

The timing of this event may well coincide with the Monday morning rush hour across eastern areas of the UK and as a result some travel disruption may be possible.

Matt Hugo, Meteorologist

Thanks for that,i hope Adamlufc sees itdrinks.gif

HaHa, i had to really fight myself to not make a dodgy comment then, as soon as i read it my hand got a mind of its own and scurried to the keyboard like

in the Evil Dead. Its a little early for innuendo, dont want anyone spitting quaker oats over their laptop diablo.gif

Yep, only upgrades coming, full of optimism that we're all going to get a pasting tommorrow. Colds going to upgrade too, cold all through next week

which brings us up to Chiono and GP's main SSW ieffect time of the 25th Jan and there'll be prolonged cold well into Feb.

And that ladies and gentleman is todays hopecast.

good.gifdiablo.gif .....hope you are enjoying your snow mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Thanks for that,i hope Adamlufc sees itdrinks.gif

good.gifdiablo.gif .....hope you are enjoying your snow mate.

Ha, i'm loving it, going out soon to take some pics so i'll put them on here.

How much did you get in the end, around the 4inch mark?

Posted

Why are temps going up so much! Just as we get a good cover its going to thaw at this rate! So much for cold easterlies. Rather not.

Posted

The temp has droppped back down to 0c with light snow on and off for the last 30 mins or so.Ive just been out and there has been more snow overnight that i first thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Stood at the bus stop for work , very fine snow but coming down pretty fast

Edited by Letitsnowyorkshire

Posted

Stood at the bus stop for work , very fine snow but coming down pretty fast

Unlucky, sat at home drinking warm coffee, no bus for me today, sledging with the kids later!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Why are temps going up so much! Just as we get a good cover its going to thaw at this rate! So much for cold easterlies. Rather not.

Slightly warmer air from the North Sea. No big deal, the forecast looks cold.

Posted

NW Extra NMM charts, animated for tomorrows potential:

dd7816f2a20e703e8dca60b23b455562.gif

Posted

I now they are only very light but does the area from the Pennines to the East Coast seem to be getting a little bit more colour on the rain today radar?

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Yeah look at the radar, this is really intensifying quiet quickly, and covering most of Yorkshire.

Posted

The change in wind direction mate, must be pulling in warmer air from the North Sea. Its warmed up here too, it was between -2.4C and -3.0C all through

yesterday but its -0.9C already here, just hoping it doesn't rise much more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Can you post a link or any info on said event missing ??

HI Adam...this might cheer you up...shows non stop snow for 36 hrs over our region ....i dont know how reliable the run is though .

http://europa.buienradar.nl/3daagse.aspx make of it what you will

Posted

Raining fool.gif

Seriously? Is it defo rain and not really fine icy stuff? Its still snizzling up here, not a good thought knowing rains 7 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Enjoy fazza !! I will be enjoying the snow but of the man made variety at xscape! Boohoo

Posted

Oh dear!! Latest bbc very bad for us!! Just a York eastwards event. Typical!! And was probably our last good shout at something special!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

The change in wind direction mate, must be pulling in warmer air from the North Sea. Its warmed up here too, it was between -2.4C and -3.0C all through

yesterday but its -0.9C already here, just hoping it doesn't rise much more.

This cloud cover isn't helping either.

Could do with some good breaks this evening.

Between showers of course.:)