Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I do like the cold weather......

I think those of us in the central areas of Plymouth can count ourselves lucky regarding the snow/frost/ice that has gripped most of the nation over the past week or so,and so savagely does i add.

It started raining around ten o'clock last night and it was still raining when i finally drifted off to sleep,whether it snowed briefly after that,well i do not know ?.

That cold front from the East has not got as far as us [May be on the outskirts like Glenholt,the Roborough area and heading towards Dartmoor. I see Princetown had a nice covering there].

Oh well,perhaps next Winter we may get a dusting of snow that could be described as a worthy fall....

Edited by WestCountry11

Posted

A great day! I was up at 4 this morning to see the snow arrive here in Spetisbury, Dorset.. amazing watching the temperature drop so much immediately before. The heavy / moderate snow stopped around 2PM giving a good ~12 cm's on the ground.. about on a par with the best snow day from Dec 2010 (which was a long time coming). Great to see many coastal areas getting in on the action as well.

This event was expertly forecasted.. the potential at 5 days and the NAE model and forecasters from 48 hours (Ian's MO input greatly appreciated). Musn't forget the longer range experts and stratosphere observers who successfully predicted a colder period around now at 1-2 months. Looking forward to seeing what the next few days and rest of winter brings!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just the odd flurries, certainly zero rain

Posted

I'm in Kelly Bray...had 5cm approx! We are at 150msl which has helped!

I am pretty much sea level in a valley in millbrook!!!! To make myself feel included i have had defrosted snow today!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

don't tell Sungirl that...she'll melt...lol

Lol!! If she has that melting affect better keep her well away from my house then !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

to be fair flurries are still going on here in havant snow flakes are fairly big to but only falling lightly very strange i thought it had gone longtime ago but at this rate at least 1/2 a cm could fall overnite.

Edited by model rollercoaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

I am pretty much sea level in a valley in millbrook!!!! To make myself feel included i have had defrosted snow today!!!

Lovely!!

Posted

This is crazy lol its thicker flakes than this morning!! Must be cos is coming from a more northly direction

All coming in from bristol chanel by the looks

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

There is one good thing about having infrared cameras around my house, you dont need to lampost watch to see if its snowing lol, Infrared brings out the snow out lovely.

Cheers.. we have no lamp posts where I live and was considering one of these. Will go ahead and get one now!

Posted

Well i dont think the MO saw this coming, Really settling fast now, straight over the top of the melting stuff, alot of showers coming in from the west and bristol area too.

Temps are also going down now.

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

I forgot to add to my post about the snow earlier, it didn't snow when expected last night; hence the not so great totals... Was expected to start around 1am, but actually started sometime between 4 and 5.30 this morning! By which time, the heaviest had mainly passed over me already!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Still snowing here in street and looks like plenty of showers on the way for the west country.

The snow shower over you has just reached here albeit light at the mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Its snowing yet again - has been quite heavy but dying off now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

The "W" living up to it's reputation in Nailsworth on Points West!!

Posted

Well i dont think the MO saw this coming, Really settling fast now, straight over the top of the melting stuff, alot of showers coming in from the west and bristol area too.

Temps are also going down now.

Where are you? Cant see on my mobile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Not here? Odd flakes still? Grhhhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

People, we do work bloody hard to see conditions like this in the Westcountry!!! Think how many hours of model watching we have done to finally see some rewards for our efforts!!

And this is a really rare type of set up, at least in modern times. The fact we have cold air digging in behind an Atlantic front that has made good progress through the UK is unheard of for me.

Then we have Sunday/Monday and beyond!!