IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted

Hope a hard frost to preserve me snow! -1.5

Still snowing lightly now.. Been a good day for Wiltshire

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Back home after an afternoon sledging with Nephew, Sister and his mates, today has made a 41 year old feel 10 again. I was taken back to 82 and 87 where fond memories of friends and family who are no longer with us put a smile on my face.drinks.gifrofl.gifgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Light snow falling in Weston again :)

Posted

After breaking down a bit, showers in the channel seem to be pepping up again towards Weston, and possibly Bristol, Bath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heatwave, Thunderstorms

Not bad here in Basingstoke - Snowing lightly now still - About 6 inches - We are in good spot for Sunday too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Interesting... What does 100ml equate to do you know?

depends what you're equating....snow = 10 cm?.....Whisky = a pleasant buzz?....lol

Posted

been snowing quite heavily here for the past hour, lovely big proper flakes but not setteling because its too wet everywhere. Still nice to see it floating down.

Posted

It's been a remarkable day really. The culmination of a week or more chart viewing highs and anguish. Very easy to be blase about this event. I have probably witnessed bigger snow events as a younger man but taken them for granted. Perhaps they mean more as you get older (50 this April!). Or maybe the gin is starting it's work!

Posted

Sky gone a pink orange color towards b channel something brewing maybe.

That'll be the lights of Bristol LOL

But you're right - might squeeze a little more out of this setup!

Edited by kumquat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Everything in small doses!

Absolutely fantastic day! Just love the snow! All arrived as forecast in fact the forecasting was spot on! Well done to the met men! and many thanks to all the clever and entertaining folk on here who seemed to produce the right charts at the right time and kept the anticipation going. Fingers crossed that the good people of Cornwall get a massive fall before the Winter's out. There is still so much to play (pray) for!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear Skies

Walked home from work now. Surprising amount of slush still on the main roads and traffic very light. Thermometer says 0C give or take, but might have to dig the snow off it for a better reading. I reckon 3-4 inches here just east of Soton, but very hard to judge accums as always. Just cleared nearly 100mm off the observatory roof (roll off shed, not dome) which if 1mm rain = 10mm snow means around 75kg of weight and I don't trust my workmanship that much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Light snow at moment, Could be few more showers showing on radar above Yeovil heading down Dorset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

The snow in my area will not be beaten for a long long time.a quite extraordinary day...I should now retire from netweather and relinquish my obsession with snow................thank you all......mind you Sunday looks full of potential...on to the next run :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

NMM12z output is interesting for some of us, the hi-res output shows light to moderate snow pushing up from the South East to affect Wilts, east Dorset & Hampshire...as has been posted earlier, one to watch! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Well, great day today - managed to get some sledging done and in some of the fields next to the M4 the depths of snow are 15cm+, probably from the drifts but still.... truely amazing.

Been below 0 all day and currently at -1.7c. Looking forward to more snow in the next week I hope and maybe some extremely low temps. Hope those who haven't managed too much snow get more too!

EDIT: Light snow at the mo. The reflection of the street lights onto the snow and onto the cloud looks real nice.

Edited by Karl83