Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

I know that it has not been as bad here as in some areas but it has exceeded what I expected, even at lunchtime today!

Where are you based? Not in your profile!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Already this cold spell is up there with some of the best of the past decade, with only 2010 beating it so far for me. After next week we could be in our best cold spell in a long time with more cold and snow forecast for as far as you can reliably look. The ECM paints a picture of snowfall after snowfall which would bury most of the UK in not inches, but feet of snow!

Posted

Already this cold spell is up there with some of the best of the past decade, with only 2010 beating it so far for me. After next week we could be in our best cold spell in a long time with more cold and snow forecast for as far as you can reliably look. The ECM paints a picture of snowfall after snowfall which would bury most of the UK in not inches, but feet of snow!

I would agree with those sentiments, 2010 was special, I mean 38cm everywhere here with upto 62cm in back garden.

although 78, 79, 81 were memorable, just have to see if next 10 days can deliver, as well as Feb.

good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

snow seems to be pepping up again here; still would be classed as light but no longer snizzle like it has been for the last 2 hours or so

Posted

Leicester seems to be the breeding ground for ppn development, Raintoday radar shows light ppn intensifying over the city then heading North.

must be all the hot air around the walker bowl, (ha ha)

blum.gif

Posted

Hi all

Can anybody check the radar and their thoughts about further snow etc in my area over the upcoming hours and weekend , NG16 postal code or Kimberley ............

Thanks

Posted

5 snow angels just made by my daughter.

Edit: Ooh that's gone a bit grainy. Can't believe the lamp post outside our house has gone on the blink in the last couple of days. Can't lamp post watch!

post-10707-0-04753200-1358538294_thumb.j

Edited by JonMillar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still snowing here and its becoming heavier again. Met Office has heavy snow for here at 9pm too.

Anybody any idea how much snow there is up in the Peak District?

Posted

Look East showed the west of the region ( Northants and Bedfordshire) under snow for much of tomorrow. then risk of heavy snow, sunday

Trough coming through tomorrow on latest fax :-)

fax24s_zpsa6e9fc76.gif

Very nice !!!!!!

Posted

The last intensification has pushed the accumulated up to over 9.5cm meaning 5.5-6cm so far today here on the garden wall - and still it comes.

Anyone got a wind direction reading at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

the snow went a bit light a few hours ago here in northampton but it has just pepped up a bit again. Probably be on and off throughout tomorrow too and then I wonder whether Sunday will give us another surprise?

Posted
Posted

Would this affect most of the midlands tomorrow?

Should bring some light snow across most areas, maybe it'll be more substantial? Some seems to think it's just the remnants of today's front, but it should bring something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just watched the bbc1 forecast just before 8, showed the snow for Sunday now further east, looked good for the east midlands smile.png

Do you not mean west? looks okay for my region as well NE of the W midlands

Posted

correction, it's an 'upper occluded front' which means it's being forced upwards and having the living daylights squeezed out of it, so it'll prolly just snizzle a bit, but who knows?

I got that info from the MOD thread, i've not seen one of those before lol