Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Yes the chink of brightens(was to the south) has gone and Snow has picked up again here. Moderate to heavy and blowing about quite a bit. Quite impressed and the met office seem to have been spot on this time. Parked cars have all gone white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Just spoken to my brother in Wirksworth, who walked to Hognaston with provisions for housebound mum, and then walked back and is now quaffing deserved pint in local - angel.gifdrinks.gif .

Posted

How is Grantham fairing. I need to travel Bach from notts later. Theyunder the same band as notts

Providing they don't lose intensity, the brightest echoes of the day are about half an hour away - just arrived here - incredible scenes.

Posted

How is Grantham fairing. I need to travel Bach from notts later. Theyunder the same band as notts

the radar suggests heavy snow granthamsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Absolutely twatting it down here, much bigger snowflakes expect problems soon here in Northants

Posted

Just spoken to my brother in Wirksworth, who walked to Hognaston with provisions for housebound mum, and then walked back and is now quaffing deserved pint in local - angel.gifdrinks.gif .

thats a dam good walk even on a sunny day in July, the snow here is piling in at the moment, i have family in Wirksworth,

Here in nearby Matlock its getting quite heavy now with plenty more on the radars.

looks like we will top 15cm by tommorow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Andy I am really shocked by how much we have here in Leicester its usually the snow Abyss of the Midlands, and it certainly don't seem like stoping anythime soon

I've just cleared mine and my neighbours path and no word of a lie... There is 10cm+ on the grass. On the paths that I cleared there looked to be about 6-7cm and that's only what's fell since this morning! I can't believe how much we have got.

Posted

Blimey, this takes me back to my childhood in the late 70s and 80s to my homeland of North Yorkshire! Its just getting heavier and heavier, up yours GFS!

Posted

I've just cleared mine and my neighbours path and no word of a lie... There is 10cm+ on the grass. On the paths that I cleared there looked to be about 6-7cm and that's only what's fell since this morning! I can't believe how much we have got.

I'm currently in the city centre and we have a decent accumlation here and it never usually settles in the centre so can't wait to get home and see how much we got, been a good few years since walked home from work in heavy snow can't wait!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

In excess of 2 inches now out, really is baltic out there in the wind. Back to the fine powdery snow falling now. Strong winds whipping snow off the roofs.

Posted

Well East Midlands today, not sure what is going on outside my window but it certainly can't be described as light, nor patchy!!

4cm fresh accumulation and significantly heavy snowfall now. Large areas of snow being blown of surfaces and whipping in the air.

MAGIC!

Posted

Been out with the ruler just over 10 cm on even surfaces more on grass and in the drifts, looks great outside my window with the gusty wind blowing the snow of the rooftops , magical scenes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm currently in the city centre and we have a decent accumlation here and it never usually settles in the centre so can't wait to get home and see how much we got, been a good few years since walked home from work in heavy snow can't wait!!!!!

I'm living up on Park Rise next to Western Park now mate and it's readily turning into the biggest snow event I have ever witnessed in Leicester ever. (I'm 24, born here and lived here all my life) It's absolutely teeming it down now, worse than it has done all day! If this does stick around all night and tomorrow like the forecast suggests... There could be some MASSIVE amounts here. Sunday looks like another big event on the models at the moment as well. I'm like an excited child rofl.gif Looking out the door and window every 5 minutes laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

snowing still but not as intense as it was a little while back. Flakes are smaller and getting blown about. Bitterly cold though. I guess the really heavy snow has petered out now and it will be like this on and off for the rest of the day. Been pretty good snow event though to be honest. Looking forward to a top on sunday now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

snowing still but not as intense as it was a little while back. Flakes are smaller and getting blown about. Bitterly cold though. I guess the really heavy snow has petered out now and it will be like this on and off for the rest of the day. Been pretty good snow event though to be honest. Looking forward to a top on sunday now

Shall we be greedy? Damn right we will Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I'm living up on Park Rise next to Western Park now mate and it's readily turning into the biggest snow event I have ever witnessed in Leicester ever. (I'm 24, born here and lived here all my life) It's absolutely teeming it down now, worse than it has done all day! If this does stick around all night and tomorrow like the forecast suggests... There could be some MASSIVE amounts here. Sunday looks like another big event on the models at the moment as well. I'm like an excited child rofl.gif Looking out the door and window every 5 minutes laugh.png

Luckily i am old enought to remember 1984 and 1991 where we had bucket loads in Leicester but this could be up there with those events if this carries on how long it is predicted to, 2010 was brilliant for cold but we never really got the full impact of the snow is it our turn finally. Looked at the Met site and they don't have us down for any snow tomorrow but it would appear they are unsure as the last update to there site was at 14.00????

Posted

Garden-wall-ruler index says 6cm so only an extra 2cm here so far in Arnold on top of previous stuff, but it has been steady for 2-3 hours small flakes. Radar band pivoting north so should continue for some time.

Posted

I've been back in Hinckley for an hour or so and I have to say this is quite superb. The snow is coming down quite heavily and we must have at least 7-8cm fresh snow. Wonderful.