Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

A brand new thread for regional snow chat and general weather conversation in your area!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Snowing nicely in Notts at the mo :-)

Posted

Really quite poor conditions out there now, moderate to heavy snowfall been blown around in a gusty wind. Accumulating readily.

Posted

How are things shaping up in Nottingham? Those echoes look excellent, and they are on their way here in the next 20 minutes or so. We already have an additional 2cm's from todays snowfall and the best seems to be yet to come!

Posted

How are things shaping up in Nottingham? Those echoes look excellent, and they are on their way here in the next 20 minutes or so. We already have an additional 2cm's from todays snowfall and the best seems to be yet to come!

Very well at the moment, heavy snow with big flakes as I type, if this keeps up for the rest of the afternoon could have some decent totals by tonight

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'm in Leeds and it looks like we are going to get what you guys Nottingham have so any reports as to the snow will be great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

i was worried this morning that we may not get that much in northampton. How wrong I was. Since midday it has bucketed down and is still snowing hard now. The met office were right for us at least.

Posted

Moderate snow in Wilford (1 mile south of Nottingham City Centre) for the last hour or so but the skies are starting to brighten. Has dusted the pavements and rooftops slowly turning into 1-2 centimeter accumulations now.

Posted

Significant snow here. All schools closed at lunchtime. Main roads passable with extreme care. 15mins journey home took me 1 hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

20p-sized flakes coming your way!

Lovely jubbly :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This has been an absolutely amazing event here already. Had moderate driving snow since 11am and there looks to be around 5-7cm fresh accumulation on top of what fell last night and what was left on the grass from Monday! I didn't expect us to get this much in Leicestershire. It looks like we have got very lucky from this as the radar has showed moderate PPN stuck over us for a few hours now. While places like Lincoln and Peterborough are just seeing the start of it. This is forecast to last on and off into the night isn't it? And judging by the models and BBC forecasts... There's another band of snow forecast to come up from the South East on Sunday! This is already one of the best cold spells I have ever witnessed here and it's not over by a long way.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Moderate snow in Wilford (1 mile south of Nottingham City Centre) for the last hour or so but the skies are starting to brighten. Has dusted the pavements and rooftops slowly turning into 1-2 centimeter accumulations now.

If the skies are brightening it's only a thin patch...

http://www.metoffice...-1.29&lat=52.99

meanwhile its still coming down in bucket loads in Heanor. Thicker and thicker blowing around.

Edited by Racing Green

Posted

The term gets significantly overused on these forums, but we're probably half way to blizzard conditions here now. Gusting snow, strong drifts and the heaviest fall of the day has just arrived. Happy, happy days.

Posted

Plenty still to come yet to the south of us, certainly skys not brightening in Ruddington just down the road from you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

WOW is all I can say!

We've had very small flakes all day but they've been coming down at great rates, especially when a gust of wind comes along! I'd say a general depth of 15cm now, but what is remarkable is the drifts - Along the road leading into Daventry there are several drift zones, one of which must have had snow about 3 foot deep...

Posted

Andy I am really shocked by how much we have here in Leicester its usually the snow Abyss of the Midlands, and it certainly don't seem like stoping anythime soon

Posted

Very strong echoes now knocking on our door, 5 miles to our South and West... I fancy their chances, too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Here in Moulton Northants we seem to have been under the same radar echo for a couple of hours which has given us approaching 10cm