Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted

Stalling fronts are so difficult! Just been in the north-west thread and they can see it moving towards them...I can see it moving towards us! More chance of them being right than me but it's just so difficult to tell.

Add to that what Gimmesomesnow just said about Raintoday finding it hard to pick up! Looking out the window is all we have left!

Gord, you're normally so cautious and spot on that I'm inclined to believe you smile.png

I agree with the cautous...but I have to query the spot on bit! Did you read my posts on the 4th Feb 2012? I was awful!

Thanks for the compliment though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Gord, just taken a look at rain today radar and zoomed out it looks like is moving north, however zoomed in it looks like some heavier bursts breaking out towards stoke and Leicester which may spread to brum, but hard to be sure, it could just fizzle out in the same areas. So in conclusion I've not got a clue!

Posted

Surprisingly quiet in here

Think we're all just waiting to see what happens next...it's hard to tell!

Anyone want to make the first move and have a guess?

Gord, just taken a look at rain today radar and zoomed out it looks like is moving north, however zoomed in it looks like some heavier bursts breaking out towards stoke and Leicester which may spread to brum, but hard to be sure, it could just fizzle out in the same areas. So in conclusion I've not got a clue!

Indeed! Really tricky isn't it?

Posted

I've been stuck at work all day, so what are the recent predictions regarding more snow?

Sunday's snow a little to far east at the moment for us, hoping for a trend westwards, it was progged to zip up through the North Sea yesterday, now shown as far west as Birmingham so let's hope the westerly trend continues..

In the meantime some snow flurries still this evening from the scrags of todays front, steady light snow here at the moment, -2.5c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sunday's snow a little to far east at the moment for us, hoping for a trend westwards, it was progged to zip up through the North Sea yesterday, now shown as far west as Birmingham so let's hope the westerly trend continues..

In the meantime some snow flurries still this evening from the scrags of todays front, steady light snow here at the moment, -2.5c!

steady light snow here as well -2.6C, sundays front looks better for me as i am east of you, but do need a trend westwards

Posted
Cant help but be remembered of 2nd feb 09 when i think of sundays potential!

Yep, if I remember correctly it wasn't supposed to reach us until a late shift in the models pushed some of the snow our way. The first ten days of Feb 2009 produced all sorts of fun & games here.

Bish

Posted

Think I've figured it out. It all seems to be pivoting now heading around to the north west...so there is a definite northwards movement. It's also filling slightly as it does so. It's the pivot thats confusing, but it does seem to be aiming for a north-westerly direction. This may be good for us because there are a lot of wrap around showers behind it.

Some of which look a bit potent too...but now we return to more familiar territory as they have mountains to clear first!

That's what I think I can see happening anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

What are the chances of the snow reaching us on sunday, greedy for more now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cant help but be remembered of 2nd feb 09 when i think of sundays potential!

Yes as I said earlier, reminds me of that, the SE of course had a real dumping, think i had around 5cms, will take that though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Just seen forecast snow chances all next week.

Posted

just saw weather snow flurries 2nite and 2moz, sunday has snow to east which mite cum more west and a front cumming from north to the south so more snow and then theres more on monday and tuesday