Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted

The snow seems to have pivoted around my house ! On the radar forecast you can see snow band starting to move North along its more eastern arm towards Sheffield. If the forecast was to carry on a bit further I wouldnt be surprised to see snow moving North just to the east of me as well as snow just to the south and west. Having said that it looks like its all starting to lose intensity anyway

Posted

I'll also add that if London was forecast to get the kind of snow that's been forecast for the southern part of the region, I'm sure they'd get a red warning. I'm sure they got one in December 2010 when they got less snow than the NW did (and we definitely didn't get one then).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

Yes so please be pleased for us in the south of the region -many many many times have we been snowless or bypassed when others in the region get snow from the east or north- let us enjoy it while we can and 'celebrate' with us rather than complaining that you haven't got any !!.

LOL i do agree, however feel sorry for us guys on the lancs plains, Northerly, easterly, south eastely, whatever 'ly' we get nowt lol, must move its no good!, guess doesnt help when some folk are saying 'stall' meaning nowhere esle gets any though, bound to wind a few up on here a little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Miss out again Cumbria marr?? You get the most snow usually out of all the region !-if I tember rightly you were posting about your snow last week

ok righto, read my sig. Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Just take a look. As it's moving over the Mersey it's growing in intensity & expanding.

i dont have nw pro

Busses schools trains and taxi cancelled here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Matthew Hugo â€@MattHugo81

Latest UKMO MESO model still signalling a more northward push of light/mod snow into N Eng during the afternoon and into the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

TAF for Leeds remains impressive; PROB40 1814/1909 0300 +SN FZFG VV/// PROB40 1909/1912 6000 NSW SCT008 - Heavy snow fcst after 2pm #hmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold please!

I'm going to go and be productive for an hour, see what happens after then. Just getting wound up haha

Posted

Still taking a hammering here.... Rivi and Blackrod school is closing early, just got message from school. picture update

post-10980-0-86854300-1358511823_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

TAF for Leeds remains impressive; PROB40 1814/1909 0300 +SN FZFG VV/// PROB40 1909/1912 6000 NSW SCT008 - Heavy snow fcst after 2pm #hmmm

from the east perhaps?

Posted

Front is fizzling away, can't see Manchester getting much more out of this. Ironically we have done better this morning but could well have a dry afternoon! Total opposite of what was supposed to happen.

Things could change this afternoon though, we'll see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well its still snowing here, twiddly bits here and there lol, although we have a heavier covering than we did last night and this morning and on the grass abit, its still not even an inch deep here lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

@HotCuppa, looks like that's all folks! Unless it pulls back west, which I doubt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting ??️?️??️

Pepped back up in last hour, Sons school now closing, bad for parents, they should have heeded the warnings and not gone off dumbed down BBC/ITV output

Posted

Just arrived in Bredbury near stockport,journey from Burnley was uneventfull,no snow until rawtenstall,then got a little heavy around jct 18 at simister,then very light all the way around the eastern m60 here to Bredbury,atm its very very light snow which as just about covered the ground