Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajpoolshark

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

snizzle in Preston is as 'heavy' as its been all morning. come on! pep up! pleeeeeeasee!

Looks like the heavier area of PPN is starting to die back now, whether it gets fresh energy injected in again this time, I don't know.

For anyone looking at the netweather radar, do you think the dark pink bit will hang around the area its currently covering or do you think it will move further north?

Really pleased for everyone south/west of the region who have snow and also gutted for those further north/east who haven't.

It's not often I'm one of the gutted ones on here and I must say its pretty damn painfull! It hurts so much more that BT is getting more accumilation in the space of a few hours than I've had the past week.

God damn weather lol

Minus 2 with still continuing small flakes, moderately heavy and 3-4 cm (out of the drifts). Bushes on one side of the garden are white, green on the other. We seem to be getting the Sandbach weather about 45 mins to an hour afterwards so that suggests about 12mph using crude maths!!!

Granada weather have just said: Up to 15cm and Amber warning still in place. Most in the SW of the region with Cumbria and N Lancs only a dusting - but more for all overnight. -1 to -2 day, -2 - 4 night. Snow showers more of the day tomorrow.

Well, the 11:15 radar shows the really heavy band now squeazed from a line Middlewich down through Sandbach/Crewe and down to Stoke. Still very heavy outside here, so it seems stuck here LOL! (and the recyling bin just came in a Blizzard and 3-4 inches of snow! - that would never have happened when I lived in LIverpool acute.gif - LOL!

Yep, fresh energy injected again. Precip even heavier than before. Expect radar upgrades shortly. :D

It's not often I'm one of the gutted ones on here and I must say its pretty damn painfull! It hurts so much more that BT is getting more accumilation in the space of a few hours than I've had the past week.

God damn weather lol

Don't worry, you will get snow showers tomorrow in the easterly wind and then an area of snow coming from the southeast on Sunday.

I've been informed there is no snow falling at Ashton-Under-Lyne

there is no snow falling in ashton now! its stopped a few mins ago. it was only light but was giving a little cover.

back to the models i go to find the next chance we have!

Looks like its stopped now here in Macclesfield and looks like the sun wants to come out.

Don't worry, you will get snow showers tomorrow in the easterly wind and then an area of snow coming from the southeast on Sunday.

The easterly is the best bet because that band progged coming from the SE is going to skirt round this area by the looks of it. Crewecold's snow shield must have migrated NE this winter!