Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here

old thread here ------>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

it's snowing. :p

Posted

Looks like the heavier area of PPN is starting to die back now, whether it gets fresh energy injected in again this time, I don't know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Really pleased for everyone south/west of the region who have snow and also gutted for those further north/east who haven't.

It's not often I'm one of the gutted ones on here and I must say its pretty damn painfull! It hurts so much more that BT is getting more accumilation in the space of a few hours than I've had the past week.

God damn weather lol

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Minus 2 with still continuing small flakes, moderately heavy and 3-4 cm (out of the drifts). Bushes on one side of the garden are white, green on the other. We seem to be getting the Sandbach weather about 45 mins to an hour afterwards so that suggests about 12mph using crude maths!!!

Granada weather have just said: Up to 15cm and Amber warning still in place. Most in the SW of the region with Cumbria and N Lancs only a dusting - but more for all overnight. -1 to -2 day, -2 - 4 night. Snow showers more of the day tomorrow.

Posted

Well, the 11:15 radar shows the really heavy band now squeazed from a line Middlewich down through Sandbach/Crewe and down to Stoke. Still very heavy outside here, so it seems stuck here LOL! (and the recyling bin just came in a Blizzard and 3-4 inches of snow! - that would never have happened when I lived in LIverpool acute.gif - LOL!

Edited by Waterspout

Posted

Yep, fresh energy injected again. Precip even heavier than before. Expect radar upgrades shortly. :D

Posted

It's not often I'm one of the gutted ones on here and I must say its pretty damn painfull! It hurts so much more that BT is getting more accumilation in the space of a few hours than I've had the past week.

God damn weather lol

Don't worry, you will get snow showers tomorrow in the easterly wind and then an area of snow coming from the southeast on Sunday.

Posted

I've been informed there is no snow falling at Ashton-Under-Lyne

Posted

Quick snapshot from the radar.

post-8895-0-10812200-1358509084_thumb.pn

Posted

there is no snow falling in ashton now! its stopped a few mins ago. it was only light but was giving a little cover.

back to the models i go to find the next chance we have!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Don't worry, you will get snow showers tomorrow in the easterly wind and then an area of snow coming from the southeast on Sunday.

The easterly is the best bet because that band progged coming from the SE is going to skirt round this area by the looks of it. Crewecold's snow shield must have migrated NE this winter!