Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

just seen a break up in the weather do you think we will se any more in south wales?

I think some showers are likely this afternoon as there's some brewing over the Bristol channel and South West England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Got about 6 inches here still snowing but the very fine stuff

post-16728-0-36738200-1358504401_thumb.j

Posted

Very fine stuff now,nearly stopped. A good 6 to 8 inches I would guess but disappointed its dying away so early when the mo forecast a 24 hour event here in the valleys. Never mind good stuff. Perhaps this is just a temporary lull.

Posted

stopped here at the moment but got more snow than we have had for quite a while.hoping to get more from the band of showers following behind the main band on the radar

post-1145-0-70312800-1358504586_thumb.jp

post-1145-0-57303400-1358504633_thumb.jp

post-1145-0-08133800-1358504685_thumb.jp

Posted

Stopped snowing here sky brightening up, but have noticed the wind is picking up again.

Posted

I suspect this lull is temporary. There's plenty of precipitation developing and heading our way. Might not be as heavy as what we've seen but a few more cms is very likely. Snow is likely to continue on-and-off for the rest of the day.

Posted

Showers can give massive top ups sometimes the low is still really close to us so you never know. I lost a days pay tho :( not seem M4 like it was this morning in my lifetime do you think a new winter trend is starting?

Posted

have a horrible feeling the front will push right through and leave us all in the south in a mild sector what do you more experienced guys think? no evidence of stalling and pushing back west as some anticipated

Posted

have a horrible feeling the front will push right through and leave us all in the south in a mild sector what do you more experienced guys think? no evidence of stalling and pushing back west as some anticipated

Snowing again..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

To upload pictures from your computer you need to click on 'More Reply Options' just under where you're writing your post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I think we are now experiencing the lull that some further west have been talking about. Snow has stopped now, but wind picking up. Got some lovely icicles forming outside too.

try and post some pics but dont know how to could you explain please.

A couple of ways, you can either upload to gallery or alternatively.

Or if want to add to post

Or on full entry, click Choose Files, and upload directly onto post from your computer.

Just been outside bitterly cold in the wind, snow depths around 2-3 inches paths, 4 inches grass with drifts up to 8-10 inches.

Not as good as 2010, not complaining though in slightest.

Posted

I thought the front was occluded so there was no mild sector?

Posted

I thought the front was occluded so there was no mild sector?

probably right just revealing my lack of knowledge I could have sworn it was progged to stall and retreat back west before dying out?

Posted

The low is passing to our south I belive and as it does it wraps around :) least thats what I have seen when looking at lows before. So it has time to slow down and start to move more easterly as it passes through. I am no expert tho still learning.