Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

We've done well again overnight with another covering. Slight thaw on roads before more showers headed in and covered us again. Sky gone black and it's starting again!

Temp -0.4C with Dew point of -0.5C.

Looking great for the rest of the day and tomorrow as long as the temp doesn't rise and turn it to rain!

PMP i am sick of of hearing about your piles of snow everyday lol blum.gif

Posted

Is it me or does the front look totally different to how they predicted? Its looks like its starting early for us in the west and south of region too. Could be a load of snow today for us smile.png

It's definatly further north east than predicted. I expect it to reach leeds by 1/2pm, which is a few hours earlier than it's currently forecasted.

Posted

Is it me or does the front look totally different to how they predicted? Its looks like its starting early for us in the west and south of region too. Could be a load of snow today for us smile.png

Yes it seems to be moving alot quicker than forecast it is lightly snowing here in barnsley and its getting darker outside and wind is quite strong so quite a few surprises I think could be in store for some areas :)

Posted

It's definatly further north east than predicted. I expect it to reach leeds by 1/2pm, which is a few hours earlier than it's currently forecasted.

I am west of Leeds in Kirklees so I reckon we could see it fall around 12ish? Then snow all through the night and early hours by the looks of the forecasts.

Posted

you should be down here, the sun is poking through the clouds, no sign of any snow now or later

just spoke to my sister on the phone, she is right on the south coast and even they have snow

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ you should check the radar its looking great for our area

Posted

Slight change in wind direction pushing showers further in now. Just started snowing again.

Posted

I am west of Leeds in Kirklees so I reckon we could see it fall around 12ish? Then snow all through the night and early hours by the looks of the forecasts.

Yes definatly, it's moving in a fair bit quicker than I thought it would.

Posted

Yes definatly, it's moving in a fair bit quicker than I thought it would.

Yeh, isn't the front supposed to stall. I had it down for stalling across the west of uk like west midlands, and the south?

I can't tell where the front is going to go, it won't keep going east will it? Pushes north?

Posted

Anybody else think the whole front looks more solid than was expected? not spotting many gaps!

I'd put money on formations starting to bubble up in the gap between the front and the coast similar to what popped up yesterday out of nowhere in the middle of the country..

Posted

Certainly getting closer. I'm hoping for a few cm's by the end of the day, even if it is going to be mostly light. Even if todays event does not go well, then theres always Sunday night! This one seems to be trending further west as well

U72-594.GIF?18-0663-574.GIF?18-6

Posted

PMP i am sick of of hearing about your piles of snow everyday lol blum.gif

Hahaha! We usually do so rubbish on the coast so this is Brill!! In fact this cold spell beats 2010 already here in terms of snow.

Just taken this -

post-10637-0-95879300-1358505216_thumb.j

Sorry ! blum.gif

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

The METO have it foggy for here until 3pm when the snow starts. Well it aint foggy and the front has reached Glossop so its only got to come over the Woodhead.

Its landed at Sheffield by the looks of it and its so nice to see all of that south of us being forced back up.

Posted

Hahaha! We usually do so rubbish on the coast so this is Brill!! In fact this cold spell beats 2010 already here in terms of snow.

Just taken this -

Sorry ! blum.gif

Lovely jubley good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Knocking on the door of my weather station but can't see anything on the live cams. So either it's too light or the radar is lying a little. http://www.sheffieldweather.co.uk/Live%20Weather.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Just taken this -

Sorry ! blum.gif

Looking good PMP, looks like you're going to do ok from those streamers.

Its good to see the areas that don't usually see much snow get a good battering. Happy Days.

Posted

Just taken this -

Sorry ! blum.gif

great pic hopefully we all see landscape like that by the end of the day or tomorrow good.gif

Posted

Wind picking up here in East Morton/Keighley and a few flakes coming down. Nothing on the radar here yet though.

The radar looked good for Silsden this morning, but been out for a couple of hours and it doesnt seemed to have moved much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine! High humidity - clear blue skies. Heavy snow.

Any snow due for Leeds?