Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th Januray 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

*Dark and eerie chants from the SW/CS members* "Join usss...JOINNN USSSSS!! blum.gif

Did someone just say something. I just nodded off for a second.

Its like watching a a038.gif race or pulling r034.gif at times, this weather malarkey.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

*Dark and eerie chants from the SW/CS members* "Join usss...JOINNN USSSSS!! blum.gif

Haha if i actually manage to get into the office by 8am, i'll just be falling asleep against the window watching the flakes of delight falling from the sky. All chance of 'productivity' shattered at this rate. laugh.png

Posted

I've just been watching the IR satellite animation on Sat24, very interesting, looks as if the occlusion process will soon be complete. The split flow is very evident now, the frontal zone is approaching the axis of the 500mb ridge, this is where it gets interesting. Can't see any sign of a surface circulation forming yet, but these are hard to see in IR imagery.

In weather terms, it seems as if the Irish Sea or the Bristol Channel (most likely the latter) is where the surface low could form That would explain the Red Warning for S Wales so that will doubtless intensify the snow to its east.

I'll just wait for the 0100 surface chart then off to bed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I think the main band has got into Torquay, up to say Barnstaple, the PPN preceding that, I think is shower activity ahead of the front, so I actually don't think its moving any quicker.

Clearly visible on Rain Today Radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

I am now -0.2C DP, 4.8C Air Temp, yay

We still need that temp to drop right off

Posted

Really? I live in centre of Barnstaple and no rain whatsoever! Using bideford data from wunderground at the moment. Chivenor seems to be playing up!

Yeah its only light drizzle enough to wet the ground, just been out again, that wind nearly knocked me over. Chivenor is always playing up. Ive got Net weather Radar... So switching between that and this thread. Cant sleep as i have hurt my back :(

Hubby is working out at South Molton, way nothing to report from there yet.

kaz

Posted

OK OK OK

I am resigned to the fact I will be taking the kids to school and going to work tomorrow :(

No doubt the snowfall will increase throughout the day, but my hopes and dreams of a lie in are doomed now. Absolutely not a single flake now after a promising afternoon and evening of light snowfall :(

It's gonna be a struggle when the alarm goes off tomorrow :(

Posted

We still need that temp to drop right off

Agreed

Posted

OK OK OK

I am resigned to the fact I will be taking the kids to school and going to work tomorrow sad.png

No doubt the snowfall will increase throughout the day, but my hopes and dreams of a lie in are doomed now. Absolutely not a single flake now after a promising afternoon and evening of light snowfall sad.png

It's gonna be a struggle when the alarm goes off tomorrow sad.png

My son lives in Bracknell he was also hoping for a snow day as he has to go to work on his M bike. :)

Posted

Yeah its only light drizzle enough to wet the ground, just been out again, that wind nearly knocked me over. Chivenor is always playing up. Ive got Net weather Radar... So switching between that and this thread. Cant sleep as i have hurt my back :(

Hubby is working out at South Molton, way nothing to report from there yet.

kaz

Yeah I got n/w radar too... Most of devon is covered under green now, lets hope it switches to red soon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I've just been watching the IR satellite animation on Sat24, very interesting, looks as if the occlusion process will soon be complete. The split flow is very evident now, the frontal zone is approaching the axis of the 500mb ridge, this is where it gets interesting. Can't see any sign of a surface circulation forming yet, but these are hard to see in IR imagery.

In weather terms, it seems as if the Irish Sea or the Bristol Channel (most likely the latter) is where the surface low could form That would explain the Red Warning for S Wales so that will doubtless intensify the snow to its east.

I'll just wait for the 0100 surface chart then off to bed!

Thank you Met Man, as always.

Dedication.

I can see a lot of this, come morning. g025.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Met office shows me at 2c through tonight and 0c by 6am. Seems to be going to plan in my area anyway with a sloooow but stready drop in temp. Hard to believe i can see the red warning area from my town if i look across the severn vale towards the horizon. blum.gif

Edited by Chris K

Posted

I was going to say a similar thing GTLTW, it can be the best and yet the most tedious thing but it makes it all very interesting.

But aye up - latest radar frame showed a sudden culling of sleet and a lot more pink! That's got to be a good thing? biggrin.png

Glad, you're still talking to me, my honey bun. doh.gif

Posted

dp -0.6 temp still 4.8C hmm interesting

Posted

Hmm. Temps still on the rise after all it seems. Temp now 1.4oC, Dew -2.5oC...

So little distance yet warm here at around 3.2c. Keeps rising the falling. Our dew points are the same though. Those South Downs really do their job for you!

SM

Posted

There's a real intense band of precipitation down near lands end at the mo showing on radar. Would post but on iPhone. Guessing this is the start of it building up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

are these temps going to drop in time? im so tired i really hope the do

Posted

are these temps going to drop in time? im so tired i really hope the do

should do, going as Ian F said so far.

Posted

stop thinking about buns then whistling.gif

No comment. Must have been a freudian slip.

Edited by gottolovethisweather