Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

-1.3 here in the wilds of north buckinghamshire, not sure about DP (ooo err). Judging by the uksnow tweets looks like the snow starts well after the radar would suggest

Posted

Light ( very light ) snow flurries here in the far West of Norfolk, missed out on all the heavy snow from east Norfolk, not holding much hope for today either :(

Posted

Ben do you think it will make it to our area news seem to have it low here

Yes I do think it will, not for a few hours yet. Not expecting anything too significant for here and Peterborough, perhaps 2 inches maybe, it will mainly be light snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Yes I do think it will, not for a few hours yet. Not expecting anything too significant for here and Peterborough, perhaps 2 inches maybe, it will mainly be light snow.

Better than a poke up the bum then lol

Posted

well that's a glass half empty approach I must say....mine is half full

1) Today will be a huge event with epic snow in our region.

2) Tomorrow will see heavy significant snow.

3) Heavy convective showers coming off the north sea to swamp us.

4) Those rain/sleet symbols for Monday will be turned to snow symbols and give us a right old dumping again.

well here is hoping I guess lol

That's the spirit. Hope you're right.

PS. My cat has just sat on my keyboard and typed this. rrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt96855555555555555555555 - Can anyone speak "cat"?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

That's the spirit. Hope you're right.

PS. My cat has just sat on my keyboard and typed this. rrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt96855555555555555555555 - Can anyone speak "cat"?

just asked my cat and he responded "rrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt96855555555555555555555 means major snow for our region over the weekend"

hope this helps :)

Posted

Morning all not so chilli today. Best places for snow will be se London and all along the coast from To Norfolk , areas to see little out of the next few days will be From south Cambridge up towards Peterborough and areas slightly more west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning all,

Blob delivered another 5cm or so, overnight. Though it has all-but stopped now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

just asked my cat and he responded "rrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt96855555555555555555555 means major snow for our region over the weekend"

hope this helps smile.png

I think the cat is saying "I'm glad I'm indoors, as it's pretty fresh out there, with the wind picking up!"biggrin.pngph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Interesting that the temperature in Andrewsfield (north Essex) has dropped by a degree and a half from 4 to 7 o'clock this morning, from -1.1C to -2.6C

Posted

Is anyone else currently suffering the same worries as me?

1) Today will be a non-event in our region with minimal amounts of snow for EA.

2) Tomorrow will see some light and insignificant snow.

3) Snow will stay out in North Sea on Sunday

4) Those rain/sleet symbols for Monday on the Met Office website yesterday will wash it all away.

You a negative sort of person generally!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Very cold here, starting to snow lightly again. Be given the task of going up to the shop to buy some cat food. The roads here are atrocious, almost like the gritters did not expect this last night wallbash.gifcold.giftongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Any help/advice here?

I have to leave the 'Boro at 4pm today for a job tonight in Northampton, not due to leave there again until about 9pm ish.

Can we have a little poll? For safety reasons only, should I stay or should I go?

Thanks all (in advance)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Not trolling Ribster. Genuine concerns and not exactly an "event" for all of East Anglia last night was it?

Have to add its been an "event" all week long where I am in North Norfolk, lying snow 15cm mon and every day from then on showers topping it up hardly a non event, ok I know its not the whole of EA but a large area of Norfolk and parts of Suffolk.

Posted

Get yourself ready folks, it's on its way!!

post-6667-0-48996800-1358495073_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

saying -2 for me but windchill is making it feel like -5 according to my machine.....and icing sugar dusting , only visible against the brown of ploughed fields.

Posted

Any help/advice here?

I have to leave the 'Boro at 4pm today for a job tonight in Northampton, not due to leave there again until about 9pm ish.

Can we have a little poll? For safety reasons only, should I stay or should I go?

Thanks all (in advance)

If you don't have to commit as to whether or not to go for a few hours, then I would say wait a few hours and see what the radar situation is. It is still not really clear IMO as to whether or not we will see much snow, latest from the BBC really not going for much snowfall for our region.

Posted

Very cold here, starting to snow lightly again. Be given the task of going up to the shop to buy some cat food. The roads here are atrocious, almost like the gritters did not expect this last night wallbash.gifcold.giftongue.png

Please advise, I have to leave in a minute to get to Paget if i'm going, not far, ten minutes at most down the A12.Should i try or not?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

Got pretty heavy snow at my work. Probably should have stayed home, roads were so empty think a lot of other people did!

Posted

St Albans council went a bit salt mad In the city centre, they've put down so much 'white' salt on the paths I honestly thought we'd gotten a dusting of snow! At least it seems everyone's prepared this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

well here goes. Heading into work in a short while, and not worried about getting in but am worried about getting home tonight and I bet we are not allowed out early. Relying on minibuses to get in to pick up the children as usual, and our class is unfortunately on late duty so until all the kiddie are picked up we are stuck there. Then the fun journey home from Radlett on m25 then a1m up to stevenage. I never worry too much but today I have a feeling its going to be bad. Then I get the car home in time for my man to go out in his lorry all night :/

Good luck all and stay safe!!

No snow yet, can see on the radar the front is about to start affecting us here. Doesn't look to be signs of it weakening yet either. Wasn't any snow projected here by the 00z NAE until after 9am, think it's slightly ahead of schedule.

Heading into work, but will leave early if roads start looking too bad. Quite windy here incidentally, not gonna be fun driving/walking out there if there's any significant snowfall.

Edited by mituozo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

If you don't have to commit as to whether or not to go for a few hours, then I would say wait a few hours and see what the radar situation is. It is still not really clear IMO as to whether or not we will see much snow, latest from the BBC really not going for much snowfall for our region.

You should be a tv football pundit Hughsey! A perfect 'i'm sitting on the fence' quote!

It's not so much the snow due here that I am worried about, it's the snow due in Northampton.

Thanks tho' mate, i guess your right.