Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 17th January 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days .....good luck everyone good.gif

Link to the previous thread here:

http://forum.netweat...s/page__st__960

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Good news day this.

On a serious note, is (if this doesn't say (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft on twitter? Surely if someone tweeted him to ask him to join Netweather he would oblige?

I'm not sure he will once he reads the posts about him..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Excellent BBC Sunday forecast for our region. Accepting the graphics shouldn't be taken at face value, the shape seemed to indicate (well to me anyway) that this could be the result of a streamer?

Posted

Steve

Last Thread was asking wether there was a decent window for Snow showers coming into our area for Sat and Sunday and can see it has been answered above from latest beeb forecast.

And yes that Precip is heading towards Colchester and Ipswich unfortunately! We are just getting the clag here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Re; Estuary blob.

No good for us. SE wind taking it up to NE Essex coast.

If there was an Island 10-20 mile out to see from the coast it would of been buried as like you say that blob hasnt moved all day, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Re; Estuary blob.

No good for us. SE wind taking it up to NE Essex coast.

Maybe, but it's currently expanding North, East, South and West?

Posted

just to calm any fears anyone has,

the 18z GFS is showing pretty much whats on the radar. don't take the snowfall charts as gospel- they are just an estimation and don't really take into account streamers etc.

temps are forecast as staying just above freezing for much of the region (although some are reporting minus figures which is good) until about midnight, when the s-easterly picks up and knocks the temps down. DP's are below zero. (its 1.8c DP -1.6c, higher than some, here at the moment and snowing lightly) so no worries about marginality.

the Meto have been pretty much spot on (at short range at least) lately and they have amber warnings out for us!

so far, its looking good. everything on target, game on!

Posted

This is what I said the other day, once that Low clears away it will drag in East and East North East Winds over the weekend and then the real fun will begin for those who get stuck under a shower train!

Front out west - Pah!

Lolz

Posted

News24 forecast just showed more snow Sunday for the south east. Kent, East Sussex, Essex, Suffolk, East Surrey ( biggrin.png ) seemed to be the main areas from what I can remember but I was working at the time and only caught a glimpse at the end of the forecast. Have to wait until 10:30 to check I was not hallucinating!

Current temp: -0.4c

dewpoint: -2.8c

Pressure still slowly falling

Would like the temperature to be colder - nerves!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I tweeted Kaddy to see whether shes thought about posting in this thread, so figures crossed!

Hi Paul- short answer NO not widespread- but maybe some-

If you look the front fragments & breaks & then the winds swing Easterly- as which point we will strart to build convection - but only have a 12 hour window before the PPN lands from the South East ( continent snow ) the cloud base & forward cloud base will probably take the sting out of the showers-

but heres hoping.

Today has been painstaking watching every tom dick & harry get snow.... but we in the SE have been patient.

our 72 hours is coming- starting in 12/13 hours............

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Darren Bettsareoff on News24 just now has a good easterly flow for us on Sat/Sun with heavy showers packing in, quite prolonged...

Was just looking @ the 5 day for here on the meto.

post-17057-0-35496900-1358460292_thumb.j

Snow cover,right wind direction.......do i take it a streamer is possible from that? :)

Posted

Darren Bettsareoff on News24 just now has a good easterly flow for us on Sat/Sun with heavy showers packing in, quite prolonged...

I missed the forecast - did the showers make it through London?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Saturday morning...

airpressure.png

The left shoe on the happy dancing gerbil could turn out to be a bit of a Thames Streamer reaching as far as North London and South Herts

uksnowrisk.png