Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - Cold and Snow 17/01/13 ->

Isolated Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Big battle tomorrow. Frontal snow moves in from the south-west. Convective snow moves in from the south-east, and it looks like convection will take over.

So, what will the North Sea produce? It looks like it could be quite a bit, and the machine looks like turning on tonight. Plenty for the NE to be encouraged by, as the snow seems to piling in from the east over the next 3 days, and even Cumbria should see some snow from the frontal band tomorrow, before turning bitterly cold.

Plenty to talk about.

Previous thread here http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75573-far-north-of-england-regional-cold-spell-discussion-150113-12z-onwards/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

looking at the radar now you can see it starting to come in land near bridlington and filey area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

If you had any worries of it turning miler next week this should put you at ease

cold1.png?t=1358459905

Cold air firmly in place well into next week

Posted

I just wish some folks would enjoy what is going on at present and stop worrying about what or will not happen in FI, as many posters on the main thread do not go more than T 72 hours and enjoy the feast of snow that is likely to arrive.

Posted

BBC forecast at 2158 shows heavy snow showers tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, especially tomorrow evening and Saturday for the NE of England. A very snowy few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

If you had any worries of it turning miler next week this should put you at ease

cold1.png?t=1358459905

Cold air firmly in place well into next week

u got a link for that mate

Posted

Not a clue Dave- more likely probably, but by morning, the SE wind means that it's less likely with more activity likely away from the NE Yorkshire coast.

post-12276-0-66014500-1358460684_thumb.p

Latest NMM has a small, very intense band of heavy snow across the NE tomorrow afternoon. All of the run has wintry precip over the NE from 0000 tonight (though patchy until 10am tomorrow).

Posted

Just been catching up on the old thread, like your map IF but if we've only received 5cms by this time tomorrow I'll be disappointed!! Expect more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

Cheers frost, I've just watched sky news there and the girl in the studio who normally does the weather report sounded speechless at times with the amounts of snow Wales and the south west could get, urging people to stay in, also showed the UK at 6pm tomorrow the whole north east covered in heavy snow, must be looking good now surely :)

Posted

Just been catching up on the old thread, like your map IF but if we've only received 5cms by this time tomorrow I'll be disappointed!! Expect more.

With convective shrs, you never know. The scale of them and intensity looks the main thought of concern atm. Saturday looks even snowier than tomorrow, and then Sunday lightens it up a bit (snow-wise, no sun!!).

All eyes on Mooney, Bayman, Gallagher and co.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I won't be - it is possible the showers will stay offshore until Saturday, even though that's looking unlikely atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Ill be having a party with 5cm!

Posted

Another 6 inches on top of whats still laying would make 10 and that's enough for me. Loved 2010 but don't want 2 foot 6 and 20 foot drifts again.

Posted

just spoke to my mate in scarboro heavy snowfall there at the mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

BBC News 24 just now looked game on for lots of snow tomorrow and Saturday, for once they're acknowledging the North Sea's potential. "The focus shifts to North East England on Saturday with frequent and heavy snow showers..."

looking at the radar now you can see it starting to come in land near bridlington and filey area

The precip is almost coming onto the coast at Seahouses between Amble and Berwick too, slightly south of due east from me here. Defo starting to move west.

Posted

I won't be - it is possible the showers will stay offshore until Saturday, even though that's looking unlikely atm.

why do you think that