Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted

Sorry Neiller22 that's hilarious! How many bottles of red wine did u drink??

Posted

It's my birthday so just finishing my second! Think it was the beer before hand that's put me over the edge! U only are 40 once! Bloody sky plus!!! What a plonker!

Posted

Northern Ireland Weather

WARNING AMENDED/UPGRADED

Yellow, Amber and Red warnings for HEAVY SNOW/ICE, LOW TEMPERATURES & HIGH WINDS have been issued for Northern Ireland. These cover Friday and into Saturday

Heavy Snow, Ice & Low Temperatures & High Winds (Yellow Warning)

Rain is now starting to affect some areas this will turn quickly to sleet and then snow after midnight firstly across Co Antrim and Down. Snow is expected at all levels across the Country during Friday and overnight into Saturday, 5 – 10 cm is possible within the Yellow warning area. Blizzard conditions may occur in some areas especially high ground due to high winds of up to 40 - 50 mph

Heavy Snow, Ice & Low Temperatures & High Winds (Amber Warning, this has been extended to include more parts of the country)

Again heavy & Disruptive snow will affect the areas highlighted Amber, it is here that we can expect up to 15 cm of snow, with drifting and blizzard conditions also possible

Heavy Snow & High Winds (Red Warning)

A RED warning has been issued for some areas within the areas highlighted RED accumulations of snow could be up to 20cm or more locally and possibility up to 30cm/1 foot over high ground

We cannot stress this enough – Please take extreme care and you are advised to avoid travel if possible

TRAVEL DISRUPTION IS LIKELY

Disruption on Roads is expected especially over high level routes were the highest amounts of snow is likely.

Disruption to Air travel is possible please check with your Airline and Airports for information.

We are expecting some Schools to be closed, please contact schools directly for information.

If you must drive

• Don’t attempt to overtake

• slow down – it can take 10 times longer to stop

• allow extra room

• Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin

• Avoid harsh braking and acceleration

• If you skid, ease off accelerator and avoid braking

Other Advice

• Check up on friends, relatives and neighbours who may be more vulnerable to cold weather. Cold weather is especially dangerous for older people or people with serious illnesses, so check up on them if you can. Read how to spot and treat hypothermia.

• People with heart or respiratory (breathing) problems may have worse symptoms during a cold spell and for several days after temperatures return to normal.

• You can find more information and advice on staying healthy in periods of cold weather in Winter health.

PLEASE NOTE: We will be unable to respond to comments at the present time.

Here's their map!! Nice!!

I expect the red is just really for high ground, looks like hills etc are highlited

Posted

Dear god Neiller i just spat my tea out reading that!! LMFAO!! You Prat!!rofl.gif

Haha me too! Cracked me up!! :D :D

Posted

It's my birthday so just finishing my second! Think it was the beer before hand that's put me over the edge! U only are 40 once! Bloody sky plus!!! What a plonker!

Scare everyone like that and you won't reach 41, lol.

Posted

seriously heavy rain here tonight. people up north are gonna get plastered with snow.

I'm in Belfast and it's quite heavy rain right now :(:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Haha, happy Birthday, big 4.0. I can see you coming over the hill.

I'm still here, watching everything pan out in the sidelines.

Posted

Latest BBC forecast looks brilliant for us!! Right through into tomorrow night and into Saturday! Watcher i thought that you had fallen into a bottle of whiskey or maybe it had fallen into you! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

I'm in Belfast and it's quite heavy rain right now sad.pngsmile.png

you aint seen nothin yet. the rain is torrential now and its persistent.

Posted

Cheers! Think I may go to bed now! Wine run out! Hope I make 41! Lets hope tomorrow brings us what we want

Or maybe you will waken up and find that this was all a dream!! lol

Posted

you aint seen nothin yet. the rain is torrential now and its persistent.

Lovely cray.gif ..heading our way then sorry.gif .. I haven't the first clue about reading weather models or anything like that .. though I've an interest - looking forward to seeing how it pans out tomorrow ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

night folks. going to bed to listen to the rain bate of my window. good luck ye guys with snow in morning.hopefully when i log on in the morning there will be pages of snow reports.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Latest BBC forecast looks brilliant for us!! Right through into tomorrow night and into Saturday! Watcher i thought that you had fallen into a bottle of whiskey or maybe it had fallen into you! drinks.gif

Nope, no whiskey again until tomorrow night when I'm heading out to play some snooker for money. hehe.

I suppose some of you will stay up to keep an eye on things throughout the night? I'm off to bed shortly, work at 9am.

Posted

Lovely cray.gif ..heading our way then sorry.gif .. I haven't the first clue about reading weather models or anything like that .. though I've an interest - looking forward to seeing how it pans out tomorrow ..

Watch it unfold here! It is seriously slow moving! The front hasn't really moved in the past 2 hours but is intensifying!!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Watcher i'm up at 7 to drive to Omagh for work but really wanna stay up!

Edited by ronan

Posted

Watch it unfold here! It is seriously slow moving! The front hasn't really moved in the past 2 hours but is intensifying!!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'm constantly refreshing this page for more news blush.png - not that I understand all the technical jargon blush.pngblink.png

If it hasn't moved the last 2 hours and is intensifying - I take it we're in for some ride tomorrow :)