Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

No snow at all today in Magor apart from little teensy weensy fluffy early this morning........ I feel sick with worried anticipation, we have been here so many times, it really is nerve racking but exciting isn/t it?

Posted

rain today radar is showing the band coming in over the south west turning to snow over Dartmoor and sleet moving up the Bristol channel ,

wind has picked up here in Newport ,temp at 2deg c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

2.9C here with 0.2C dew point

Expect to see that drop off around midnight. What will i wake up to tomorrow morning?

Posted

Yea latest met has heavy rain here now to for 1st half of the night, which means ground be wet when it does snow if it does hehe. Ohh so changable at the moment. Monday is a sleet event here according to met. Dont think I be sleeping much either now

Posted

No panic button to be pressed take a deep breath have a sleeplazy.gif wake up at 1 am and ENJOY THE WALES WHITEOUTclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Posted

Something constantly referred to on here today is disappointment at "met office forceasts" for a certain area being tweaked slightly to show sleet, cloud, light snow not heavy, etc. As far as I'm aware (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) you're refering to auto-generated forecast graphics on the Meto or BBC websites / apps. These are based on unmodified raw data and as such should be ignored when it comes to details such as people are fretting about. The same goes for NW area/postcode forecasts or area/postcode forecasts from other websites. Stick to what the TV, radio and official wanrings are saying.

Temp is still quite warm here 1.4c, our covering of snow continues to melt slightly, I'm really hoping the temp drops away over the next few hours, not so much for here as we'll be OK, but for lower lying areas the temp really needs to fall to see proper settling snow. Remember that the winds are forecast to continue to back throughout he night, so don't despair if you get rain/sleet/non-sticking snow intitially, it may turn to proper snow later as the cold air gets sucked in.

Excited here, I'm wokring to 11.30 and then in at 6.30 anyway, so not really much point in sleeping right :0) Snow is not good for business lots of cancelled bookings for the weekend, so I'm going to make the most of it because it is costing me lots of money!

Posted

Conditions at local time 20:57 on 17 January 2013 Temperature and Humidity Outside Temperature 4.3 °C last hour -0.1 Dew Point -0.3 °C Windchill 2.3 °C Humidity 72% Indoor Temperature 15.4 °C Apparent Temperature 0.4 °C Today's Highest Temperature 4.7 °C Today's Lowest Temperature 1.7 °C

Slowly Getting there lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

MetOffice says sleet for me at 3am but heavy snow 6am-9am then light snow for the rest of the day and evening. Can't see that happening but I'd take it! biggrin.png Last updated at 8pm.

Also, for anybody else does it have the red warning sign for them when they go and check their forecast? It does for me, but I am in the amber weather warning on the actual map.

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted

Something constantly referred to on here today is disappointment at "met office forceasts" for a certain area being tweaked slightly to show sleet, cloud, light snow not heavy, etc. As far as I'm aware (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) you're refering to auto-generated forecast graphics on the Meto or BBC websites / apps. These are based on unmodified raw data and as such should be ignored when it comes to details such as people are fretting about. The same goes for NW area/postcode forecasts or area/postcode forecasts from other websites. Stick to what the TV, radio and official wanrings are saying.

Temp is still quite warm here 1.4c, our covering of snow continues to melt slightly, I'm really hoping the temp drops away over the next few hours, not so much for here as we'll be OK, but for lower lying areas the temp really needs to fall to see proper settling snow. Remember that the winds are forecast to continue to back throughout he night, so don't despair if you get rain/sleet/non-sticking snow intitially, it may turn to proper snow later as the cold air gets sucked in.

Excited here, I'm wokring to 11.30 and then in at 6.30 anyway, so not really much point in sleeping right :0) Snow is not good for business lots of cancelled bookings for the weekend, so I'm going to make the most of it because it is costing me lots of money!

Thank you, I feel a bit more confident now and can actually be a little bit excited good.gif

Posted

Really should have a sleep then wake up later but i'm scared i'll miss something haha! any chance of the buses running in the morning? bearing in mind i live on a slight hill, going to wake up earlier anyway to check out the situation.

Posted

Completely agree.

Really should have a sleep then wake up later but i'm scared i'll miss something haha! any chance of the buses running in the morning? bearing in mind i live on a slight hill, going to wake up earlier anyway to check out the situation.

Cardiff Bus will be updating their website here: http://www.cardiffbus.com/english/newsarticle.shtml?articleid=2130

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold/snowy or hot and dry

It'll hit the valleys around 6-9am.

Edit: Probably actually a bit earlier than 6am, perhaps 3am.

Don't know if I can stay awake that long , Will have to wait and see, match sticks at the ready :-) lol

Currently 3 degrees here, but the biting wind is starting to pick up a little bbbrrrrrrrr !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

For those in RED ALERT....you lucky gits!!! ENJOY!!!help.gif

Posted

For those in RED ALERT....you lucky gits!!! ENJOY!!!help.gif

we'll try! lol - i'm scared

Edited by andymusic

Posted

This is going to end up less as "will it snow in Cardiff?" and more "will I be able to get out of Cardiff?"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've set my alarm for 4am! Hopefully will have started by then!

I have to set off for work at 5:30am so I'll be up around 4:30-4:45 to check if there will be a chance of me going in!