Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold/snowy or hot and dry

Long time lurker here, excitement levels gone to def-con 4 so felt I had to post!

What sort of time do you guys reckon the snow will hit us here in the valleys , the red zone valleys !! Lol

Posted

3.4c here in Pontyates, warmest it has been all day (that's cold for here).

Not sure what to expect, I still haven't got excited yet, trying to keep it in ready to explode if this big snowfall happens.

Air is much drier now with humidity at 74% so that dew point is down below freezing at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

oh the anticipation of this event is killing me, i hope the amounts forecast are right, but im still so nervous due to so many let downs hope this is the one we have all been waiting for in wales good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

Whats the chances of snow for North Wales? Just checked the forecast and there is absolutely none forecast!! :(

Posted

Strange thing is its dead silent outside wind wise, do you think the sudden wind gush will be a rapid event.

As the front moves closer the wind will pick up. A low pressure centre also forms over the country tomorrow which will increase the wind speed further.

Whats the chances of snow for North Wales? Just checked the forecast and there is absolutely none forecast!! sad.png

I wouldn't expect a huge amount for Colwyn Bay, just because it's on the coast. The further inland you get the higher chance of decent snowfall.

Posted

Tick tock tick tock .... Refresh radar page , refresh regional discussion page and national model thread , plus met office warning page etc etc .

SUSPENSE !

Sooo calm .....

Aha ! A fir tree begins to stir just marginally more than before ...

Report of rain from Benb brings a sigh , but expected at this time in that location ... Slowly things are changing ...

Posted

Long time lurker here, excitement levels gone to def-con 4 so felt I had to post!

What sort of time do you guys reckon the snow will hit us here in the valleys , the red zone valleys !! Lol

It'll hit the valleys around 6-9am.

Edit: Probably actually a bit earlier than 6am, perhaps 3am.

Edited by CardiffStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I'd day 1 am for south west, 2 am for valleys.

Posted

looking at rain today theres showers pepping up by tenby? and i dont know if its the main band behind but it doesnt look like taking long to hit south wales? im getting confused still dont understand everything sorry for the confusion

Posted

As the front moves closer the wind will pick up. A low pressure centre also forms over the country tomorrow which will increase the wind speed further.

I wouldn't expect a huge amount for Colwyn Bay, just because it's on the coast. The further inland you get the higher chance of decent snowfall.

your bound to get snow and it may be blowing of the moors your in the shade of the wind whitch would be less pecipitation i believe.. think of the amount of rain you usually have from rain with a se wind..i think its similar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

looking at rain today theres showers pepping up by tenby? and i dont know if its the main band behind but it doesnt look like taking long to hit south wales? im getting confused still dont understand everything sorry for the confusion

That is not the main band, the main band is not currently on the radar, it won't be here until after midnight! That is just what is in front of the main band, from what I can gather from other posts! smile.png Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

That's not the main band of precipitation. There's more to come that isn't in range of the radar yet. Have a look at sat24.com and you should be able to see the rest on satellite.

@DeepSnow got there before me lol :)

Edited by CardiffStorm

Posted

Yep- there's a bit of rain here atm, bits and pieces before the main band- air/dew points not cold enough for snow yet...

The main band is struggling through the SW approaches, where, to my eye the heavier precipitation seems to have slowed its approach now. Satellite images also suggest there's a lot of precipitation behind it that has yet to arrive in the local radar zone.

Temps here hovering around 5c.

Posted

That's not the main band of precipitation. There's more to come that isn't in range of the radar yet. Have a look at sat24.com and you should be able to see the rest on satellite.

That sounds good to me thanks, havnt checked that site before, got my grub now then the essential lager is coming out for an all nighter like many others drinks.gif i suppose, cant wait now tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Was planning on sleeping earlier tonight and waking up early...don't think im going to be able to sleep full stop! Its all too tense! tease.gif

Posted

Temp here is Mumbles is relatively high at 4.4, but perhaps more importantly the dew point is dropping and is now at -2.1. However, there is a band of precipitation approaching so will be interesting to see what falls out of the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/haverfordwest#?tab=map&map=Temperature&fcTime=1358409600&zoom=8&lon=-4.29&lat=51.97 this is great for seeing when the temps will drop, its using latest Hi Res output and is very accurate. Shows a huge plummet at around 1am for most.

Posted

Temp slowly dropping here down to 2.8C. Met office forecast has changed a little- it was light snow at 3am then heavy snow 6am to 3pm before turning light snow for the rest of the evening. Now its showing the same up until 3pm when it reverts to light snow but then at 6pm reverts to heavy snow for the rest of the night - temps about -1 minus 7 in the winds with gusts up to 36mph

Gonna be epic- I would be crushed now if this didn't come off.

Reset my weather station outside, supplies in last night, 4 hours working from home in the morning - not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight. Good luck everyone especially in the West and North.

Edited by Stevetynant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

counting down the minutes until latest NAE, last one before the event, a big one for sure!