Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Went from -2.7 to -1.1 since 7.30 tonight, amazing what a bit of cloud cover and breeze of the estuary can do!

Could be a bit of interest for you Southend members; looks like the stuff out in the estuary is expanding fairly rapidly now. Definitely worth watching

Posted

Good news day this.

On a serious note, is (if this doesn't say (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft on twitter? Surely if someone tweeted him to ask him to join Netweather he would oblige?

Wouldnt be a good day for him to join!

Posted

The UKMO have rain because the raw UKMO has a front sweeping through with milder SW winds trailing-

UKMO 96

http://www.meteociel...96-21.GIF?17-18

Where as the ECM has

http://www.meteociel...CM1-96.GIF?17-0

So the UKMO will show rain until tomorrow until the t84 UKMO 00z updates to a more southerly track for that low-

S

Looking good to me its corrected west at t72 but this suspected as its due to the low being deeper resulting in the block being 5mb deeper, we know the tendency of the gfs to over deepen lows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy hot summer. extremes of weather

Temp has risen from -0.2 to + 0.5 here in the last hour. Sydenham south east London . Will this be an issue come tomorrow??

Posted

I do IT support for the majority of Croydon schools and one told us today they were closing tomorrow.

Thought that was a bit premature but hey ho.

My daughter is a teacher at a Croydon School and they are still planning on opening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Luckily my kids school is only 90second walk !

They usually shut after a cpl cm of snow as we live in the sticks !!!

Here's hoping for lunchtime snowmageddon and snowman building into the late afternoon with the kids !

(north Kent)

I wish, mine is 20 minute bus ride up the brighton road or if it's snowing about an hours walk. 45 mins in normal conditions but in the snow longer, I remember from the last time they kept the school open when it was snowing. Walking past all the stuck buses lol.

Posted

Yes I don't want you panicking like last Feb when that snow was moving up from the west I had snow you said it looked like sleet you said you had a bad feeling but in the morning is was great!

Unless it is an easterly or East North Easterly I ALWAYS Panic rofl.gif

But these are very different synoptics set out in front of us next few days!

Temp has dived back down to -2.4c again here with the dewpoint steady at -6.8c

Steve is there still a window for snow showers on the GFS 18z ??

Posted

Could be a bit of interest for you Southend members; looks like the stuff out in the estuary is expanding fairly rapidly now. Definitely worth watching

Agree. Though it would have to go some to come into Kent, might be an Essez and EA jobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Have the folks in East Essex noticed that the ppn out in the NE Thames Estuary is beginning to pivot round and head inland?

Posted

I saw about 10 flakes of very small snow floating in the air in the 2 minute walk from asda to my car just now.

Just been out in the back garden ( Bedfont) couldn't actually see anything but could feel something in the air! Now I know I WASN'T imagining it LOL

Posted

18Z GFS has 30 hours of snow- then a 12 hour break- before another 12/18 hours of snow pushing up from the south-

Which is slightly further west on the 18z capturing more of the region-

round 1 estimates 8-13cm.

round 2 estimates ( yet to firm up- 3-7)

S

Hi Steve - sounds like Darren Bett's latest forecast must be incorporating those charts. Gooner on TWO said he has another snow event for parts of the SE on Sunday. I'm just going to check the News 24 forecast now

Unless it is an easterly or East North Easterly I ALWAYS Panic rofl.gif

But these are very different synoptics set out in front of us next few days!

Temp has dived back down to -2.4c again here with the dewpoint steady at -6.8c

Steve is there still a window for snow showers on the GFS 18z ??

when??

Posted

I saw about 10 flakes of very small snow floating in the air in the 2 minute walk from asda to my car just now.

Same here few flakes in the air