Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

Cat travels 1,700 miles after becoming trapped in train

119985543__374597c.jpg

A cat that made a 1,700-mile journey in the undercarriage of a diesel train will soon be reunited with her owner.

Polly, a two-year-old tabby, crawled into the train at a rail yard in Plymouth while a maintenance panel was removed. The cat shuttled across the South, Wales and the West Country for two days as the intercity service visited London, Swansea, Wiltshire and, finally, Cornwall.

At some point. Polly’s left foreleg was fractured and the wound became infected. She was rescued when a train manager heard her mewing. Polly had to have the injured leg amputated and is recuperating before going home to Arthur Westington, a former train driver, 84, and his wife Louisa, 82, near Plymouth.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Plymouth-cat-stuck-train-days-1-700-miles/story-17871862-detail/story.html

We had a cat called Scampi when I was young. He vanished one day and we couldn't find him anywhere. Stu said I cried at school, but I didn't.

The next day, our new neighbour's removal van returned with Scampi in the cab. The once considered surly removal men had driven back especially to drop him off and he was reunited with his brother Sooty. I'm not sure it was a 1,700 mile round trip, probably more like 40, but we were made up all the same.

The next week I caught Stu crying because Emma Rogers had dumped him. Happy Days.

Working on the railway, I actually know of the train manager too.

Hope the cat had a valid ticket! :p

That is a very cruel joke to make knocker

Not meant to be Styx. I love cats and I'm currently fighting to give my old mate Arnold, a 17 year old Siamese, some quality of life in his final years. Fingers crossed. Arnold with his brother Lenny. Latest on Polly, she's doing great.

post-12275-0-17413800-1358592022_thumb.j