Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands members - snap poll

shuggee

Midlands decide  

111 members have voted

1. 1. East & west midlands separate threads or one for across central England?

• East & West Midlands kept separate
    • One Midlands thread

Posted

Following a number of conflicting requests to the team please vote in the poll above smile.png

Would folk in the English midlands prefer one united regional thread or to continue with the current east and west midlands pair of threads?

Will close this at 23h00.

Posted

Nice one Shug, it's a big area with lots of conflicting micro-climates. My area (in the East) at 170+mts has little in common with Shrewsbury about 90 mins away in the lee of the Cambrian Mountains

Posted

Many thanks for that. Living in east Northants it's quite ambiguous anyway (same with our regional TV) - but it is the East Midlands fundamentally. A couple of winters ago we got dumped into the three counties regional thread. Northants is quite some distance from Hertfordshire. Our weather has more in common with Rutland, south Lincs, northwest Cambridgeshire and north Beds. Somewhere you have to draw a line. So 70% of my time looks at the East Midlands discussion and 30% to the East Anglian one.

And one of these days i'll live in the middle of a region where the status is undisputed!

Posted

We have a result. Thank you very much to everyone who voted :)