Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, carry on here please

old thread here -------------->

Posted

Looks like there are still some beefy snow showers heading in from the North Sea, if there anything like the last one we had then another cm or 2 could be possible. For those who missed Paul Hudson's forecast here it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/wf2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Just been looking at my local forecast - a mild 1C on Sunday mega_shok.gif

game over..

Posted

Been keeping an eye on the showers getting closer (Anything to put off this piggin essay!) and the big one heading for us ruddy split and now the gap is heading right for us. Should be a covering on the way for some though!

Posted

post-6739-0-85529500-1358282062_thumb.jppost-6739-0-72991300-1358281982_thumb.jp

One of the worst driving conditions I have ever been in this morning ... I would say a good 8-9 inches up on guisborough top today!

Wait until it's drifting too and you can't see anything at all.

Quite ridiculous -8 point something already here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Wait until it's drifting too and you can't see anything at all.

Quite ridiculous -8 point something already here.

Yeh just seen your temp bud -8.4c already could be some impressive lows. Chopgate at -9.3c. A balmy -6.3c here.

Praying those showers can make it this far inland, wouldnt have any problems sticking at this temp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Weird the temp is struggling here. Only -2.6c with fog!

Posted

Epic charts again from the ECM 12z. Yorkshire is in the firing line. Check these from the ECM 12z sliding low setup.

Friday's SNOW!

130115_1200_78.png

Powder snow for all yorkshire!

130115_1200_78.png

Sundays SNOW!

130115_1200_132.png

Might not be as heavy as the west but these fronts COULD stall over yorkshire!

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Its -6.6c here already, makes me worry what the temp is going to drop to tonight, especially given tomorrow night could be even lower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Looks like Grimsby could be in for a good shower soon

Possibly hitting Sprunehorpe if it makes it inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

30j1fep.jpg

I follow a few pages on Facebook regarding weather and this has appeared on my wall tonight. Is this just someone getting excited or is it a genuine case of a severe snow experience ( like 2010 fingers crossed)

Sorry that's it's a picture and not the message pasted but ipad won't let me copy n paste it!

Posted

latest gfs has that precipitation that may hit northwestern most parts of england is showing much further south, could this affect us..

gfs-2-36.png?18

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Snowing again, laying nicely on the road too which had turned really icy before the shower. Nasty driving in the morning!

Posted

Snowing again, laying nicely on the road too which had turned really icy before the shower. Nasty driving in the morning!

Nice one, I think we have had our last shower for a good while now looking at the radar. The areas that had cleared today have a good 2cm covering now, I imagine it will be the same for you now. Looks like we may get some heavy snow showers on Friday if the GFS is to be believed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

The showers coming in from the N Sea seem to have changed direction in the last hour. Earlier they were travelling in a WSW direction and now it appears to be a WNW direction which will send more towards Scarborough and less towards me.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted

Well the latest GFS run does not see Fridays band reach us, i reckon this is will probably be the likely scenario, or at least if the preciptiation does i envisage light and patchy snow. Sunday looks more interesting, although this to could be pushed further west

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Nice one, I think we have had our last shower for a good while now looking at the radar. The areas that had cleared today have a good 2cm covering now, I imagine it will be the same for you now. Looks like we may get some heavy snow showers on Friday if the GFS is to be believed.

Just stuck my head out the door perhaps 1 cm on the surfaces that had thawed today. Trees, roads and cars all white over again. Topped up the existing snowcover too! May just catch the odd shower tomorrow. Friday looks good. In fact, the whole 18z run is a beauty!

Edited by PMPhotography

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Just watched bbc national weather and its showing a big snow day this Friday but its doesn't seem to effect north lincs or surrounding area. Hope things change and we get some more snow. Hopefully what we had is only the tip of a giant iceberg.

Edited by Lincstim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Just watched bbc national weather and its showing a big snow day this Friday but its doesn't seem to effect north lincs or surrounding area. Hope things change and we get some more snow. Hopefully what we had is only the tip of a giant iceberg.

Nah, you don't want the snow to make it this far North. Better that it stays in the South and then shears SE. If it gets this far North then the South will get rain and the low pressure will erode the building block to our north.

Better to take the longer term option and miss out on the snow this time around: the cold will then be locked-in for much longer and we will get more snow in the week(s) to come. Easterly wind will strengthen and lake-effect N Sea snow will be the order of the day.

Enjoy the ride but short term pain really is long term gain on this one. good.gif