Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Croeso, please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in Cymru...

link to the previous one here...

http://forum.netweat...3/page__st__900

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Recent snow here, left a slight dusting on cars, sky clear, 0C, would not like to be on the roads in the morning, probably some very icy conditions, take care peopleunsure.png

Posted

yes we have an ice rink here too - but this is a VERY SERIOUS WARNING FOR ALL OF US IN WALES - AS FROM FRIDAY ONWARDS - THE POTENTIAL FOR FEET OF SNOW IS VIRTUALLY UNMISSABLE NOW - WE ARE GONNA GET ABSOLUTELY LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS OF THE STUFF - RIGHT THROUGH TILL THE END OF THE MONTH - prepare well - feet and feet of snow - it's gonna be a snowmaggedon - like you've - NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN BEFORE - THIS IS A WARNING - A VERY SERIOUS WARNINGhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif - been in asdas coryton all night - and bought a sledge - in Darth Vader black - just like my car LOL

EDIT:- GET YOUR FOOD SUPPLIES IN AND CHECK YOUR HEATING SYSTEM - THIS IS GONNA BE BRUTAL - REALLY BRUTAL!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

yes we have an ice rink here too - but this is a VERY SERIOUS WARNING FOR ALL OF US IN WALES - AS FROM FRIDAY ONWARDS - THE POTENTIAL FOR FEET OF SNOW IS VIRTUALLY UNMISSABLE NOW - WE ARE GONNA GET ABSOLUTELY LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS OF THE STUFF - RIGHT THROUGH TILL THE END OF THE MONTH - prepare well - feet and feet of snow - it's gonna be a snowmaggedon - like you've - NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN BEFORE - THIS IS A WARNING - A VERY SERIOUS WARNINGhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif - been in asdas coryton all night - and bought a sledge - in Darth Vader black - just like my car LOL

EDIT:- GET YOUR FOOD SUPPLIES IN AND CHECK YOUR HEATING SYSTEM - THIS IS GONNA BE BRUTAL - REALLY BRUTAL!

Looks like snow Friday into Saturday.?rain Sunday night/Monday with back edge snow for a time.

All models show milder air for start of new week, yes there is an increasing chance if snow before and after but a post like this really dies not warrant time. Do you have any charts to back your comments up because I can't see any.

I understand the post may be a little tongue in cheeck but, There will be people reading this website who will believe what you say is true, when in fact it's not and cause unnecessary panic.

You should work for the daily mail/express lol

DD

Edited by dingdong

Posted

Looks like snow Friday into Saturday.?rain Sunday night/Monday with back edge snow for a time.

All models show milder air for start of new week, yes there is an increasing chance if snow before and after but a post like this really dies not warrant time. Do you have any charts to back your comments up because I can't see any.

I understand the post may be a little tongue in cheeck but, There will be people reading this website who will believe what you say is true, when in fact it's not and cause unnecessary panic.

You should work for the daily mail/express lol

DD

I'M NOT JOKING

gfs-2-78.png?0

gfs-2-84.png?0

gfs-2-90.png?0

gfs-2-96.png?0

gfs-2-102.png?0

gfs-2-108.png?0

gfs-2-120.png?0

gfs-2-126.png?0

gfs-2-132.png?0

gfs-2-144.png?0

THIS IS JUST THE START - IT KEEPS GOING LIKE THIS TILL THE END OF THE MONTH - AND IT MAY CONTINUE INTO FEB TOO

Edited by andymusic

Posted

I'M NOT JOKING

gfs-2-78.png?0

gfs-2-84.png?0

gfs-2-90.png?0

gfs-2-96.png?0

gfs-2-102.png?0

gfs-2-108.png?0

gfs-2-120.png?0

gfs-2-126.png?0

gfs-2-132.png?0

gfs-2-144.png?0

THIS IS JUST THE START - IT KEEPS GOING LIKE THIS TILL THE END OF THE MONTH - AND IT MAY CONTINUE INTO FEB TOO

if those charts did happen it would be terrible conditions, well could be good all depends how you feel ha ha, my drive home last night wasn't the best, up by trefil was crazy snow was very heavy and everywhere was covered. then rhigos mountain and bwlch were fun (not) as well. kids took pics but I don't understand this new laptop and im rubbish on it so don't know how to get them on here. I just showed my wife them charts and she said its scary. after last nights drive I will always believe in charts in case it happens as last night I didnt listen to some on here saying chances of snow and it did happen I was a stupid going the route I went.

Posted

if those charts did happen it would be terrible conditions, well could be good all depends how you feel ha ha, my drive home last night wasn't the best, up by trefil was crazy snow was very heavy and everywhere was covered. then rhigos mountain and bwlch were fun (not) as well. kids took pics but I don't understand this new laptop and im rubbish on it so don't know how to get them on here. I just showed my wife them charts and she said its scary. after last nights drive I will always believe in charts in case it happens as last night I didnt listen to some on here saying chances of snow and it did happen I was a stupid going the route I went.

Just hunker down and sit it out - that's all that Wales will be able to do through this - this is gonna be epic 1963/47 stylee - get your supplies in and hunker down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Its a downgrade for my area for Friday looking at latest charts, looks like Pembrokeshire could miss the snow again

Posted

We've been here before though Andy - I think Wednesday Evening /Thurs am will be the defining runs though the cold looks set without doubt.

Last night was a bit of a suprize to be honest - I did plan on getting my scope out in the evening but we had clear skies for 10 minutes, then clouds, then clear all night until the snow arrived about 9ish - went to bed around 12 and the skies were crystal clear again - I was hoping the snow would have prevented the ice forming on the wind screen but this morning I had a cm of solid ice/snow to scrape off the car before I got going and the roads from Penpedairheol down to Ystrad Mynach were absolutely lethal - everyone take your time this morning out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Just been out to check the conditions. My parents not letting me drive this morning. Gonna go to Uni as soon as its warmed up a it if it does. Im only in until 1 anyway so it might not b worth travelling all the way there. Everything is sheet ice. The dusting of snow is frozen solid. It's probably more lethal than having 6inches of snow to drive on.

Posted

Its a downgrade for my area for Friday looking at latest charts, looks like Pembrokeshire could miss the snow again

I'm not sure, corrections towards the south-west can be quite common in this set up - I'm worried that the snow might not reach east Wales. The models this morning showing quite a range of solutions, ECM would have the snow turning to rain for all of Wales, GFS would be very snowy.

I'm worried that the snow might not even make it to me in east wales, but all we can do is guess. Short range models from tomorrow onwards will give us a better clue, but expect changes up to the last minute.

Posted

we have got a dusting here was snowing about 11pm last night but thought we would have more rain so didn't get too excited. Saying that still not excited as the road outside my house looks lethal frozen with this dusting of snow and I got to get the kids to school :(

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Matt Hugo has tweeted ans said that 1947 started around mid January with very similar pattern..... didn't say any more but could back up Andy's post.

It does look as though we will get snow to rain event as the angle does not quite allow us to keep the cold - but still a couple of days away.

Keep watching forecasts guys - if it did come off - need to prepare. Should be a bit more accuracy come Thursday lunchtime.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temp actually fallen by half a degree since I woke up half an hour ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

I'm not sure, corrections towards the south-west can be quite common in this set up - I'm worried that the snow might not reach east Wales. The models this morning showing quite a range of solutions, ECM would have the snow turning to rain for all of Wales, GFS would be very snowy.

I'm worried that the snow might not even make it to me in east wales, but all we can do is guess. Short range models from tomorrow onwards will give us a better clue, but expect changes up to the last minute.

And even during the event...if GFS was correct last night, the front could stall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Possibly but ideally for my area I would like to see a bit more trough disruption with more of a south easterly wind however I feel the same as you, I think the front may eventually only affect the far SW and West which little NE extent.

Recent snow here, left a slight dusting on cars, sky clear, 0C, would not like to be on the roads in the morning, probably some very icy conditions, take care peopleunsure.png

There is a light dusting here on cars grass, and roofs, and only a little on pavements, but still very icy.

First settling snow at 9am (won't that by then) since 2010.

Posted

Temp actually fallen by half a degree since I woke up half an hour ago

Temp was -2.0c here an hour and a half ago, has now fallen to -4.5c despite dawn and then sunrise, the effect of snow cover I guess, my first snow lying day of the winter, approx 2cm.

Good shout.

By the way full credit to Met Office last night, who warned for risk of Ice, got that one spot on.

Today looks to be sunny and cold, I'll take that for a few days.

Good caution there.

Clearly there is good/very good potential in charts, but that is all it is at moment, potential.

Off to work now, so last post until 6ish. (stop the cheering. ) blum.gif

Edited by Jackone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

pembs dangler is looking a bit of a beast on radar - anyone under it tell us what it's doing?

Dangling?rofl.gif

Posted

Absolute chaos on the roads around Merthyr. Unbelievably,I think the roads were untreated last night