Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 14/01/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Okerly Dokerly, you know the drill.......

....and off we go.....carry on here...good.gif

old thread here ------------- http://forum.netweat...s/page__st__840

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Repost from old thread:

BBC London News quote: "More snow tonight, especially to the North and East of the Capital"

On current trajectories looks like West London and North West London could cop snow from both the Cheshire streamer and the pivoting front. Headed back to Ealing now - hope we have some lying snow still but not expecting it (even though it's snowed all day there!)

Who asked me if it's looking good?

Yes it does look good... 2 reasons... As the low moves south and a little east it will favour the wind direction for the showers moving down from Wales...Secondly it is pulling the PPN inland already... If the low stalls in the perfect place..We could be looking at some lovely 2-5cm snow falls...But only time will tell...Currently looking like Heathrow will be the most weastern point..But that could all change

Posted

Who asked me if it's looking good?

Yes it does look good... 2 reasons... As the low moves south and a little east it will favour the wind direction for the showers moving down from Wales...Secondly it is pulling the PPN inland already... If the low stalls in the perfect place..We could be looking at some lovely 2-5cm snow falls...But only time will tell...Currently looking like Heathrow will be the most weastern point..But that could all change

It was me Surrey! So further east. More snow? I'm east Kent am I gonna see any do you think?

Posted

Just back from a walk around High Barnet and Hadley Common. Measured 5cm on the tops of cars! Most other places around 3.5-4cm and very slushy stuff. Untreated roads are a slippery mess.

Since the sun has gone down, temperature has risen and DP's risen to 0.6C! hmmmm Not great for our chances later.

Posted

It was me Surrey! So further east. More snow? I'm east Kent am I gonna see any do you think?

Looking at the radar you look certain to get hit by the pivot. That's due to enter the London area at around 2330hrs, I'd guess. Great timing as the air temps and dew points should have dropped away. But we shall see...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Repost from old thread:

On current trajectories looks like West London and North West London could cop snow from both the Cheshire streamer and the pivoting front. Headed back to Ealing now - hope we have some lying snow still but not expecting it (even though it's snowed all day there!)

I think we may be pleasantly surprised tonight in the London area, very much looks like those to the East and North of the capital will see some form of lying snow, but I don't think that the Cheshire streamer is going to be providing much tonight, I think we need to wait for the wraparound of the front to start backing up.

Edit: BBC London news saying to look to the occlusion coming in from the North, with a dusting for most, and heavier snow to the NE of our region.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

wales could be in for a pasting tonight! Streamer heaven up there!

If you Dew point and Air temp can get below freezing then you stand a good chance of seeing some of the white stuff..

Mines going up, hit +2 for the first time today.

Posted

Good sign at the moment

1750 Conditions were

2.4c Temp

0.9c Dewpoint

Now at 1850

1.6c Temp

0.1c Dewpoint

Getting there ever so slowly!

Posted

I think we may be pleasantly surprised tonight in the London area, very much looks like those to the East and North of the capital will see some form of lying snow, but I don't think that the Cheshire streamer is going to be providing much tonight, I think we need to wait for the wraparound of the front to start backing up.

For some reason the air temps and dew points have gone up though - hopefully they will drop away shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Heavy rain for past hour and now heavy hail! everything today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

For some reason the air temps and dew points have gone up though - hopefully they will drop away shortly

There are signs of that happening now, we don't want the warmer air from the West etting mixed in with the cold to the East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Temp +1.9, dew +1.8. It's like the warm sector got off at south london and put down roots

Posted

I have a dew point of 2 and a temp of 2.3 so if any ppn gets to me now or in the next hour it will be rain. JP you do a really good job keep it up. Surrye you look to have done really well from this. lol

I do hope I will see a bit more of the white stuff for selfish reasons as i will get a day off work tomorrow if it does snow heavy tonight.

Posted

There are signs of that happening now, we don't want the warmer air from the West etting mixed in with the cold to the East.

As it is often said anything from the West is bilge - with it's warm sectors etc! If rather not have that Cheshire streamer and get a proper cold feed from the north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp up and down here 3.8 dewpoint 2.6 .Can anyone explain why temps are not going down? I have to say it feels breezy out there and a lot colder than what my weather station is showing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Good shout by the BBC about the front moving down from the north that would explain why the showers are making it here...

What did they say about the front, as far as I can tell it is raising our temps slightly, or that might be the westerly wind. Or both.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Temp up and down here 3.8 dewpoint 2.6 .Can anyone explain why temps are not going down? I have to say it feels breezy out there and a lot colder than what my weather station is showing

The breeze might be preventing the temperature from dropping.

Posted

Unfortunately we have a WSW on shore wind Marie this is what ruined our dew points this morning, no chance of any dropping until it changes to North/NW. Been really miserable here today, woke up to a lovely sprinkle and melted within half hour, then had persistent drizzle all day.

Edited by Weathizard