Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 14/01/13, 12z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

That stuff in south of the region is all sleet according to netw radar.

Runs to window LOL

DOH.......Clear skys the stars are winking at me

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Icy rain with big snowflakes mixed in

Its all going south anyway, no more following by looks of things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

1.4c here bt with dp at 0.2

Posted

Oh well might have a hour break from here.

See you all in a bit...and if it starts to sleet snow...i will let you know asap :)

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

PPN picking up across the IOM, depending on the time of wind shift looks as tho it could push through the Cheshire Gap.

It'll head into Wales. Couldn't make it up.....too far west earlier and we'll be to far east in a bit. Always the flaming same, never get decent precipitation when the conditions are favourable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Oooossshhh we better hope the ECM 96-120hrs comes off. We'd see some snow from that.

Not even going to bother looking for snow more than 12 hours out now. This region has me down in the dumps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

62% chance of no snow for Leyland......!

Where did that percentage come from? Lol i got the 38 from the free chart thing inbetween the posts! Although i doubt any snow as its clear as a bell out there and already have ice on top of the cars, its now 3 degrees.

Posted

Most of the day has seen rain/sleet/snow leaving a lot of standing water and with a perfectly timed cloud clear at dusk it is now freezing fast.... it is really quite treacherous.

I am interested ,who still has snow on the ground?There is nowt where I am.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

62% chance of no snow for Leyland......!

Oops sorry lol my heres hoping head read that as 62% chance of snow, didnt see the word 'no' !!! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Oooossshhh we better hope the ECM 96-120hrs comes off. We'd see some snow from that.

You have to say now that odds on somewhere in the next 7 days in mainland uk is going to get an almighty blizzard, question is where? and if they dont then it will be because the block is further west giving a convective Easterly rather than the atlantic charging through, the atlantic may well break through of course, even GP has hinted a that, but IMO not before a big dumping.

Posted

Looking at the temps for the week ahead i'd say anyone with any snowcover will still have it come the weekend.

We really need the colder air further West this week, so those of us in the west have a better chance if the fronts reach us next weekend. Sods law says the block will push west stopping the fronts over the SW just watch it happen ph34r.png

Posted

I find that chart so funny cos if u zoom in it has everwhere snowy except the Fylde coast - a nice tiny snow free patch!!!!

Know the feeling, bet if there was another ice age we would just get some sleet.

Posted

Cracking charts this evening for us in the NW, a lot of water to pass under the bridge but if the GFS and UKMO verify then a big snow event is looming towards the weekend. IF being the operative word of course.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

You have to say now that odds on somewhere in the next 7 days in mainland uk is going to get an almighty blizzard, question is where? and if they dont then it will be because the block is further west giving a convective Easterly rather than the atlantic charging through, the atlantic may well break through of course, even GP has hinted a that, but IMO not before a big dumping.

ARPEGE evolution and 850's support UKMO-GM almost exactly up to 00z Fri. Colder air somewhat further west compared to GFS.

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

ARPEGE evolution and 850's support UKMO-GM almost exactly up to 00z Fri. Colder air somewhat further west compared to GFS.

Is that so? What model is the ARPEGE and where can one see it please?

On another note, the precip band looks to be pivoting over Northumbria at the moment. I wonder if this might bring some snow back west later this eve?

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Most of the day has seen rain/sleet/snow leaving a lot of standing water and with a perfectly timed cloud clear at dusk it is now freezing fast.... it is really quite treacherous.

I am interested ,who still has snow on the ground?There is nowt where I am.

Still got snow on the grass and pavements here.

Only had about 30mm but very little of it has melted today and a frost is setting in now.