Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 14/01/13, 12z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I know people like to use reverse-psychology to avoid putting a curse on proceedings, but since I'm not going to benefit one way or another I'll just say this - if Merseyside doesn't get significant snow by the weekend I'll eat Backtrack's entire sock collection. Big downgrades can happen close to the event, but even in that scenario there should be decent snow given how good things look at the moment.

On top of all this, Friday isn't the only show on offer. There could already be snow on the ground before then, and there's definitely the chance of more snow afterwards - and with the jet tracking south and low pressure setting up shop over Europe, the cold looks locked in for the forseeable future.

Dream synoptics.

I got those socks for Christmas. But yes, you can have them. Bit of salt - tasty. blum.gif

Also, just logged on and nearly choked. Anyone for a foot+ of snow? smile.png

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's all very exciting but I suggest caution is still used for now.

If there is little change by the met office by tomorrow and the models have firmed up, then we can.

I was concerned we would miss out east of Manchester and I still am a little but the met office amber alert has made me feel better. Yesterday I was on the very edge of yellow, now I am comfortably Orange.

Posted

I will also say rain for most but only because I seen this time and time again as terms of snow forecast. ill get excited tomorrow night if the tune is the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I think we'd be very unlucky to get freezing rain on Friday. Less than a 5% chance I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There is no chance for the band being all rain, this is silly.. however there is a small chance that for a time, it may turn to rain at the back edge of the front, but at the moment, not much chance of that

Edited by SP1986

Posted

New thread here folks: