Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Wonder if the 'wrap around' will get back into the east/central Midlands, it looks like it's getting a good shove atm over the Newcastle way?

Posted

Wonder if the 'wrap around' will get back into the east/central Midlands, it looks like it's getting a good shove atm over the Newcastle way?

The NMM shows it doing just that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

so guys all this action that's kicking off what r our chances of getting a cover? Oh u eastmidlanders u dont need anymore snow its our turn so let us play too lol.

Posted

Nothing to the north of here now bar a few weak flurries, looks like it's game over then unless something explodes in the next hour, no shocks precipitation exploding to life over west Wales, bitterly dissapointing day for this part of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hope fri/sat event is not a tragic 12th March 2006, Shrewsbury got pasted and I just had snizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

In the darkest, bitterest part of my snowless heart I keep a little place where I remember the overland low of Feb 2010 (I think) that came from nowhere one morning and dumped lots of snow on birmingham.

Posted

Walked into the shop in rain, 3 minutes later walked out of the shop in heavy snow. Only lasted 10 minutes though.

Raining more consistently now, everything but on the grass is gone.

Posted

Some good hefty snow showers here this evening leaving a fresh covering on everything. Nothing amazing but a little bit of a consolation after a mainly rainy day. Cheshire Gap stream is running out of breath now. Should think that's it.

I think in hindsight the forecasts were ok for today. They've been keeping the rain and sleet symbols in there for a few days and they were right. I suppose we didn't do too bad. A decent covering last night and a lesser but quick hitting one this evening. Could have been a lot worse.

Posted

Some good hefty snow showers here this evening leaving a fresh covering on everything. Nothing amazing but a little bit of a consolation after a mainly rainy day. Cheshire Gap stream is running out of breath now. Should think that's it.

I think in hindsight the forecasts were ok for today. They've been keeping the rain and sleet symbols in there for a few days and they were right. I suppose we didn't do too bad. A decent covering last night and a lesser but quick hitting one this evening. Could have been a lot worse.

Was exactly what was forecast, 2-5 cms of snow, sunday night, then milder Monday with a thaw, then cold again tuesday, my snow remnants should survive the week now, down to 0.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

What happened guys? Did a few people get jealous that the East Midlands was seeing snow and started wanting a West Midlands only thread? laugh.png

Lol.

(Ironically, I don't know which thread to reply to this in!)

Posted

Was exactly what was forecast, 2-5 cms of snow, sunday night, then milder Monday with a thaw, then cold again tuesday, my snow remnants should survive the week now, down to 0.1C

Sounds like you've had very similar success to us. The shower streams last night and this evening must be aligned nicely between both our locations!

Edited by Gord

Posted

So, time to look ahead now that's over.

Is the easterly still looking too slack to deliver over the next couple of days?

Posted

So, time to look ahead now that's over.

Is the easterly still looking too slack to deliver over the next couple of days?

Way too slack, attention now on weekend, ECMWF is great for us, GFS snow to rain, UKMO looks dry and cold

13th Jan 2010 class day, snowed all day left around 8cms from a stalling front, want something similar, although thursday 14th cold and dry kept snow, Fri 15th Atlantic rolled in pure rain

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted

Way too slack, attention now on weekend, ECMWF is great for us, GFS snow to rain, UKMO looks dry and cold

Here we go again then! And we have a whole five days to wait and watch for the changes this time!