Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

I've been around a long time and seen many of these situations - they ALWAYS trend South in these marginal situations.

Ian to be fair only last week you expected the mild air to win by now. You can be wrong.

Posted

ISAAC, do you remember 13th Jan 2010? was a similar setup, although I dont think block was as strong, allowing the front to come further East, I got 8cms that day, the synoptic setup looks very similar

yes very similar i remember, block was still strong but a bit more marginal.

I was in uni (Birmingham) in those days and got a pasting, a good 10cm still have the pics, The northern extent was just a few miles north of stoke if i remember correctly? Stoke still managed to get a few cm.

Posted

Snowfall pretty much nailed on for all south of Central Yorks - even if it will be light and patchy for some areas.

I admire your confidence but the BBC/MetO don't seem to share your view just yet. good.gif

That can't be anything to do with the front - it will be stalling and heading back SW well before it's near Pennine regions ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snowing very lightly here in Brownhills.

Posted

That can't be anything to do with the front - it will be stalling and heading back SW well before it's near Pennine regions ?!

I've concluded your either on a wind up or you've recently hit your head, so won't try and reason with you further. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Guy selling sledges in Stafford town centre, guess he hasn't seen the 'Hugo Low'

but 12Z NAE just makes me a little more optimistic

Posted

Well it's snowing here moderately and his wasn't forecasted yesterday I would prepare for the worst tomorrow and I mean snowfall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

12z NAE Snow Acc by 12z Saturday.

13011912_1712.gif

Looks like much of the UK will get some snowcover by then-a possible Wash streamer later?

Posted

Light snow for the past hour here in Telford, to light/wet to stick but it seems the NAE was right all along this week, I expect after dark some places may get a cm ahead of tommorow's front.