Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

looking at the met mobile site there's a yellow snow alert for w.midlands conerbation yesterday it was an amber alert.

Hi Syed. The very latest picture shows that we're still in the amber area. (sorry - can't copy the picture)

http://www.metoffice...ings.html?day=2

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Michael Winston

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Yes still amber for west mids.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

15cms is certainly not out of the question for parts of south staffs, though 5-10 more likely currently, unless we see a further eastwards shift. 15cms definitely possible for parts of Hereford & worcs though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

so what do u guys think r these warnings likely to upgrade?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

5-10 cms all over the west midlands areas from birmingham westwards can expect upto 15ms but still we will do ok even if i end up between 5-10cms i willbe happy p.s so jelous of people in wales with the red alert!

Posted

Not in the west mids especially not for areas around birmingham but with upto 15cms predicted in the amber warning we should be happy

Posted

So all in all, still looking pretty good, most of the West Midlands still in the amber area. I would be pretty happy with 10-15 cm with the strong winds, could be some decent drifting.

Posted

With Mondays system adding to tomorrow there could end up being such big snow depths Hereford/Worcs/Glos area.

I don't think there will be further upgarding for the region away from the likes of Hereford/Worcs/Glos.

Posted

With Mondays system adding to tomorrow there could end up being such big snow depths Hereford/Worcs/Glos area.

I don't think there will be further upgarding for the region away from the likes of Hereford/Worcs/Glos.

Ian what do you think the amounts will be for birmingham and coventry area? Do you think monday the front will be abit more widespread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I might be a bit far north here for anything really spectacular... but the Black Mountains should be another matter! Maybe the Malverns too, I suppose.

Posted

Very jealous of those in Wales with a red alert, never seen that before.

Anyway, onto Rugby: What will be, will be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

More snow here... sticking on (some) surfaces such as the English Bridge Sandstone...

and were not far from the MET office red warning!... who knows what might happen

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted

Snowong again, but unlilke earlier its really struggling to stick as this mornings snow started melting as soon as it stopped falling, and has now almost gone. Makes me concerned tomorrows event will disappoint if it falls in the daytime- the Feb 09 snow was the same, only sticking at night and melting in the day in temps of at most 1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

heh, it looks like the pivot will be right over me...

I'll have a fiver on the snow line stopping and retreating 10 miles SW of here.

Posted

Ian what do you think the amounts will be for birmingham and coventry area? Do you think monday the front will be abit more widespread?

It’s very difficult to say, particularly as the GFS doesn’t agree with the METO/ECM and of course it’s the GFS that spews out all the good forecast data for such events.

But if it goes the ECM/UKMO way and based on past experience of such synoptic I would think 15-20 cm is widely possible in the South Midlands with perhaps less in Birmingham/Wolves/Leicester/South Shrops areas depending on where the Northern limit is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

It’s very difficult to say, particularly as the GFS doesn’t agree with the METO/ECM and of course it’s the GFS that spews out all the good forecast data for such events.

But if it goes the ECM/UKMO way and based on past experience of such synoptic I would think 15-20 cm is widely possible in the South Midlands with perhaps less in Birmingham/Wolves/Leicester/South Shrops areas depending on where the Northern limit is.

Ian, I can tell you where that northern limit will be...... Penkridge.

Edited by Skyraker