Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Quite a few showers heading in off Irish sea.

Will these be of snow or is this damn mild sector going to ruin things for

us if the showers get here?

It would be rain I think, temps too high here for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Temperature 4.0c, dipped to 3.2c during last rain shower 30 minutes ago. Max temp 4.4c at 11.30am.

1cm snow depth at 9.30pm Sunday. Rain started at 7.00am this morning, soon washed away the trace of white.

All very fickle, this area tends to be shielded from the Chesire Gap, latest radar showing strong shower activity heading this way. Would expect some sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Did I mention that we have a covering of snow?wink.png

(I'm deliberately being annoying because I can sense the sheer anger that the West Midlands didn't see much) Don't blame you guys though, I remember being seething when the West Midlands saw about 3-5 inches of snow a few years ago and we had a sugar dusting.

Posted

Gone very dark here and just starting to rain , seems like the winds picking up a bit too

Posted

Is that the last of the snow for the Birmingham area for at least the next few days ?

Id like to go back to work tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

On the plus point, here in Birmingham we have glorious sunshine now, it really has been a day of two halves. I'd rather this any day over that awful cold drizzle we had either side of the snow earlier. The snow is around 1cm deep now on the grass and hopefully that should stay if the blazing sun doesn't melt it...

Posted

craven arms on the bbc weather site has snow from 5 tonight till midnight, 3 hours of it heavy snow sign wonder were thats coming from.

Is that the last of the snow for the Birmingham area for at least the next few days ?

Id like to go back to work tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

I don't think today was ever going to be a day where it was justifiable to skip work... I remember when we had that early January snow 3 years a go or so I arrived at work and then the snow started to bucket it down. Thye roads became so trecherous so quickly I sent our staff home by 11 am and I closed up the office, only for the snow to completely stop half an hour later and by 1 pm for all the snow to have melted...

Posted

Showers have arrived here at last as...rain, shock horror.

Edit: Turning to sleet now on showers back edge.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Lovely sunshine dry things up then snow tonight wishful thinking the met have forcast snow tonight ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

an excelent idea having east and west. Guys personally i wouldn't hold any hope for friday, it would be the usial places that gets the snow. Southeast, northeast, east and scotland. For us in the west it will be rain same as usial if these charts come off, look at 4day's ago and once it got nearer to time well look at what we got. Cold and dry with out any snow don't do it for me.

Posted

Lovely sunshine here, but a pretty major thaw going on as well. Lot's of drip-drip-dripping. Whatever snow manges to survive may well be around for quite a few days, so the warmer temperatures can b*gger off now thank you very much.

Current temp is 4.7C, with a DP of 4.0C

Bish

Posted

Stoke has done well from this cold spell . Had about 2 hours of heavy snow from 9 until 11 things are becoming slushy now . Any chance of a cheshire gap streamer

Posted

Stoke has done well from this cold spell . Had about 2 hours of heavy snow from 9 until 11 things are becoming slushy now . Any chance of a cheshire gap streamer

Looks like U could get something over the next hour or 2. Can't say wether itd be snow though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Somethings coming down from the north west, could be quite good looking at the intensity, what will fall out the sky though? Heavy snow here in Heath Hayes for a couple of hours this morning, struggled to settle much though and has now largely melted, just last nights snow/slush remains.

Posted

This streamer is going to be rubbish as temperatures are too high.

Typical. Our only chance is if we get showers tonight but we wont.

Due to the intensity and the fact uppers are favourable after 3pm id think the showers would be snow. They really have sparked into life atm. Need more of a easterly element to them though

Posted

Just rain rain rain here in Telford, the last traces of last nights snow dissapearing now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Updated fax chart at noon shows a trough developing off northern ireland. Check the radar at 2.30pm and this trough is beginning to form as bands of showers hitting the northern coast of ireland.

This should translate into more intense areas of showers later this evening across wales and the midlands.

The first wintry showers are begiinning to hit this area.