Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Lots of members asking for a split in the 'Midlands thread' so here you have it - west mids members chat away here biggrin.png

And anyone living near Bescot - lucky you good.gif

Posted

Snowing at the Bescot is it?

I can't find a nearby webcam to check :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Intensified here in the past 10 mins, stopped in Coventry so won't be long till it stops here, I'd imagine.

Should nt you be in the East Midlands?

Posted

The snow stopped in Solihull shortly after eleven. Equated to about an hour & a half of pretty heavy snow, although much of it didn't quite stick to the wetter surfaces.

Temp is now 0.7C, with a DP of 0.1C

Bish

Should nt you be in the East Midlands?

Rugby is more West than East, surely? I always equate Warwickshire with the West Midlands.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

All rain here in Stratford bar a few snowflakes in heavier bursts. Most snow gone now, miserable and wet out there.

Here in Sutton Coldfield (NNE Birmingham) ilight rain at around 8.30, turned to moderate snow fall with some large flakes thrown in at around 9.30 then back to very fine cold drizzle around 11.15. The sky looks like it is starting to brighten a bit however the odd large flake has begin to fall again now.

I think we now want this cold wet front to pass us now as here in Birmingham only the centre and heaviest part of the precip band seems to contain snow flanked with light cold drizzle either side.

Posted

Rugby's classed as West.

Joking I was! You could go in either or both really, you are next to Leicestershire and Northamptonshire and in Warwickshire.

Posted

Joking I was! You could go in either or both really, you are next to Leicestershire and Northamptonshire and in Warwickshire.

True, literally on the border :p

Posted

Was all rain here, washed most of last nights snow away, now gotta hope for Friday though its trending west on every run..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Was all rain here, washed most of last nights snow away, now gotta hope for Friday though its trending west on every run..

Yeah and four days ago it was looking great for West Midlands today. And look whats happened

Posted

Well, I'm going out for a walk now whilst it's still white and snowing before it most likely rains.

Will report back in an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Aaahh! This is much better. This is forum is for the West Midlands region. Warwickshire is in the West Midlands region. Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire, West Midlands County - i think thats all of them lol '

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Lots of members asking for a split in the 'Midlands thread' so here you have it - west mids members chat away here biggrin.png

Ermm - can I just vote against it?

If there's a snow band travelling west to east or vice versa, its useful to be able to track its progress across the country by other members' reports of what's happening where they are.

And now, it also seems to be a lot less lively thread.........

Posted

It has picked up again here in north east coventry. There is a definite thaw on the trees though. I'm hoping that Hinckley will remain the right side of marginal even if Coventry can't! This East/West Mids split is awkward for those of us close to the border!

Edit: As I type the snowfall has slowed dramatically.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Ermm - can I just vote against it?

If there's a snow band travelling west to east or vice versa, its useful to be able to track its progress across the country by other members' reports of what's happening where they are.

And now, it also seems to be a lot less lively thread.........

I second this

Edited by Brumsnows 2