IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

still snowing heavily DP -0.8c T 0.3c

Posted

For now, yep.

Next possible event looks like the weekend. Still, this snow shouldn't really budge much this week because temps are forecast to stay around or below 0 all week now.

Always a chance of Cheshire gap set up for a while 3-12 tonight. However if there are to be any showers after temps get back below freezing would be best. Friday looks like a gd chance either in the form of fronts moving into the southwest pushing north east or from showers coming from the east depending on which models are right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

what a snowfest day this is turning out to be. never thought it would be this good. still snowing heavily and great few inches now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That's got my name on it as well. Didn't think the showers would blow that far inland either!

They must have confidence in the Cheshire gap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

it's finally stopped here now and we were lucky we got no sleet or rain before it ended. Now all we need is for a good sharp frost tonight to seal it all up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Seems to be melting a bit here, dropping off trees and melting from roads and paths fairly quickly.

Would love to get a good few hours of heavy snow when the Altantic tries to come back in, whenever that will be, I really enjoy those events.

Missing being up in the north east, I'm going to be so jealous when the heavy snow showers start blowing in :(

Posted

There's quite a lot of activity coming in off the Irish Sea. They look quite heavy too.

Has anyone looked at the Model Output Discussion thread? Looks like we could be getting a decent amount of snow again by the end of the week:

Posted

It is still snowing here at the moment, but not long until it has all finished. Have measured 7cm on the grass, but there is much less on the road and pavements, as it took much longer for the snow to settle. All in all, not a bad fall of snow, just hope it doesn't thaw too much.

Posted

Likely to arrive in Nottingham after dark when temperatures are heading back down?

Unlikely imo. I can't see them coming far enough east for my area so would av thought Nottinghams even less likely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Likely to arrive in Nottingham after dark when temperatures are heading back down?

It's more likely they won't arrive in Nottingham at all. Our best chance of more showers will probably come from the east I think, if they can make it this far inland.

I'm not expecting anything more in the next few days really, starting to look towards the weekend now.

Beat me to it ST!

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Sun out in Nottingham now but hopefully with us heading towards late afternoon not too much damage will be done thaw wise before it freezes tonight.

As regards showers I think we would need to look East however for anymore decent snow I think its the weekend when we get the next best chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Thank goodness that band moved away when it did! The temp has shot up to 1.8c now with a dew of 1.8c too. Definitely would have been rain with those temps!

Posted

It's more likely they won't arrive in Nottingham at all. Our best chance of more showers will probably come from the east I think, if they can make it this far inland.

I'm not expecting anything more in the next few days really, starting to look towards the weekend now.

Beat me to it ST!

Maybe but there's cloud edging over Heanor from the west as we speak.

Posted

Snows stopped here now in Market Harborough, slight thaw.

This latest cold spell was looking very promising certainly on the In Depth Model Discussion, some of the models were showing snowmeggadon this week, still may happen but extremely hard to predict, even the amount of snow we have had today was changing by the hour.

Been a member on here for sometime now, always in the hope that we may one day see another 1981/82, once you have experienced this type of Winter everything else is a bit of a disappointment, we had driftiing across the main roads from one hedge to another followed by record low temps, where tractors had cleared the roads in the villages it was single track with the snow banked up 10ft high.

Anyway starting to sound like my Dad, hopefully due to current synoptics we may may see some sort of bigger event than the current one !