Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

The snow really isn't far away now for us according to the radar, so fingers crossed for the next hour

It has barely moved in an hour, unfortunately.

Posted

What the hell happened to the latest bbc graphics!!hardly any snow across the midlands after 12!!where as carol kirkwood this morning had a lot more snow across the whole of england all day!!

Posted

The flakes in Coventry are very small now but there is still a lot falling. I don't have radar access from here. How much longer should we be expecting of this in the central midlands? I will need to start thinking about getting home before long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

heavy snow for northampton from 1200 hrs ....yay! still very fine snow but at least it is so cold, it is not melting away. temp currently -2.5c

Posted

What the hell happened to the latest bbc graphics!!hardly any snow across the midlands after 12!!where as carol kirkwood this morning had a lot more snow across the whole of england all day!!

I thought that but on the 11am weather he's just added snow back on his map into the afternoon.

Posted

Snow been falling here all morning but small flakes and not making much impact to be honest. Last night's snow was better than what we have had so far. The good stuff is tantalisingly close but just doesn't seem to be quite getting here.

Posted

The band as a whole definately weakening now.

ive just had a glance at the (netweather) radar and said the opposite was true!!

the green area south west of derby/leicester has intensified, and grown in area and now has yellow echoes in it heading straight for derby/leicester. i would say it's about an hour away

Posted

This always happens on the east/west thing. Generally it stops on Nottingham's doorstep and dumps all over Birmingham. Forget about any of that blob getting to us unless you are under it now, it's not going to go any further east. We need to look at those showers across the North Sea because that's where any snow we get will be coming from.

Posted

ive just had a glance at the (netweather) radar and said the opposite was true!!

the green area south west of derby/leicester has intensified, and grown in area and now has yellow echoes in it heading straight for derby/leicester. i would say it's about an hour away

Maybe it is just me, but the intense stuff is not moving forward past Tamworth from what I can see ?

Posted

light snow now falling in Ruddington a mile or so south of Nottingham, I think its far too early to right off today although granted I think we could see some decent showers tomorrow from the East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sorry I said I would not post again but it has almost stop here, I am about 9 miles northeast of Tamworth and as the other posts have said it not getting past there this is going to be as per my earlier posts, very light snow for a couple of hours but will not have any impact.

I would even say looking at the radar in Wales, the red warning was completely an over reaction, to me it seems stoke is the worst place.

It seems to me that due to previous criticism, the met office factor in a large degree of error, so if they forecast 0 degrees it will actually be 1 or 2 like yesterday, a yellow warning is it extended by 20/30 miles so if you are on the edge expect nothing!

Definetley my last post today.

PS sun trying to come out here now!

Posted

it might be just my imagination but the snow seems to be getting lighter here in northampton. the met office issued heavy snow for us around midday. do you think it will intensify or are we just going to get light snow throughout in this region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Not looking good at the moment for those of us NE of the band. I don't think we will see a new covering for at least 2-3 hours.

Hopefully still a few cms to come later though, and further chances over the weekend.

Posted

the sky is still completely white but the light seems a lot brighter now... oh god don't say the sun is trying to break through!

Posted

It amazes me how panicky people are getting. Even if this stopped now - which it shows no sign of doing - this will have been a good event for many places. And let's not forget that there will be further opportunities in the coming days.

Posted

It amazes me how panicky people are getting. Even if this stopped now - which it shows no sign of doing - this will have been a good event for many places. And let's not forget that there will be further opportunities in the coming days.

We're not interested if it's good event for other places, we want it good for us :p

Posted

it's a shame because in northampton is always seems really cold and the snow does tend to stick quite easily, however we always seems to get the same amount of snow every time around a couple of centimetres and never a huge dumping of snow. i would love to see several inches one day.....SOON!!!