Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

snowing lightly but consistently in northampton town now. bbc have just forecast further snow for this region and the central midlands for sunday too.

Posted

I must looking at the wrong radars, I am going to stick my neck out now, looking at the radar once the green passes brum it is breaking down, and for some reason I think this trend will continue all day, we will have a day of very very very light snow, but it will not get heavy, therefore I cannot see any major falls

I am ready to be shot down! I will not post again now until this evening to see if I was wrong or right!

Its just really started to come down now in Whetstone LE8 just down from you.

Seems like the front is slowing down, and its a couple of hours ahead of schedule.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still snowing here -1.9c blowind in wind starting to drift, around 11cm

Posted

Still snowing here -1.9c blowind in wind starting to drift, around 11cm

Still snowing here

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

This is coming down very well in Coventry and I'm told pretty well back home in Hinckley. A few hours of this and it will accumulate very well indeed.

Starting to get a complete covering on quieter roads now. The grassy areas obviously all ok given we had a couple CMS from Monday + a couple more yesterday. Looking at the radar some intensification near us and to our immediate south west.

Posted

its funny but the wales chat room seems very quiet and they're not talking that much. wonder if they're having as much snow as predicted. meanwhile here in northampton it is really coming down now.

Posted

Snow starting to drift a bit now. I think even if the intensity of the snow doesn't cover the roads, drifting of snow will do the job instead once it gets a bit deeper

Posted

In Kirk Langley just west of Derby we had 6 hours of light snow last night. Within the last 30 minutes snow has become heavier here and the wind is starting to blow the snow around

Posted

In fairness as per the Met Office this morning they did say Nottingham would get it late morning, will not be happy if it grinds to halt just short of Notts & peeters out, not after anything spectacular just another covering

Edit: After that little sulk, now seeing the odd flake

Edited by Ryan05

Posted

Morning all-Burbage Calling!

Steady snow from about 9am, Started off as powdery and small flakes but larger flakes have fallen for the last half hour.

2cm has settled so far but everything that falls is sticking . Minor roads getting slightly awkward.

Schools have handed out leaflets to parents saying that they will text us if they need to close.Could get interesting if it gets heavier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Looks like the heavy stuff is disapating before it gets here. Still got the light stuff coming down at East Mids airport :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

The heavy green blob is stalling about 25 miles before leicester/derby. Comon, move !! Whoever is in Tamworth should be getting plastered right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

according to the met office radar

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/#?tab=map&map=Rainfall&zoom=6&lon=-4.00&lat=51.53&fcTime=1358451900

the heavy snow is struggling to get over the peak district. buxton area may get plastered.

Posted

i think those who are getting disheartened with the snow event today should fare better from another snowfall on sunday, particularly london and the south east, east midlands and central midlands and eastern counties. could be far better than today actually.

Posted

http://www.daventryexpress.co.uk/news/local/schools-closing-due-to-bad-weather-1-4697670

Schools now starting to close. Why oh why didn't they make a decision earlier ?? This has been forecast for at least 3 days.....

Posted

In fairness as per the Met Office this morning they did say Nottingham would get it late morning, will not be happy if it grinds to halt just short of Notts & peeters out, not after anything spectacular just another covering

Edit: After that little sulk, now seeing the odd flake

Is it late morning yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ,Frost

Snowing heavier now in Bakewell settling and blowing